ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Family Visit visa and Schengen Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrproblem

UK Family Visit visa and Schengen Visa

Post by mrproblem » Sat May 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Dear friends

I am on British passport in UK and my parents are on Indian passport and they are in India.

I am planning to invite them to UK on a family visit visa and they will be spending with me here in UK for 6 months. While they are here I want to send them to Paris for few days, if possible some other tours across Europe.

So to apply for both UK and Schengen visas together from Chennai, is there any easy ways. The reason I am asking is, they are elders and I want to make sure to find some easy process and they can visit once (they are from remote place 4 hours from chennai) and submit the documents but we need to get both the visas stamped.

By the way, to apply Schengen visa because they are Indian passport holders (travelling with family visit visa) my understanding is they have to apply in India only. Or can they apply in UK after coming here.

Please give me some guidance.

Thanks

Help on hand
Newly Registered

Post by Help on hand » Tue May 21, 2013 1:52 pm

you need to apply for UK visa and Schengen visa separately as it is impossible to for them to apply for Schengen visa once they are in UK. More information can be found the website of that country.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:13 pm

As far as am aware, it's a totally separate process with different consulates under different countries' jurisdictions.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.