ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from PSW to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

satya1505
Newly Registered

Switching from PSW to Tier 2 General

Post by satya1505 » Sat May 18, 2013 6:43 pm

Hello Friends and Expert ,

Currently I am on Tier 1 - Post Study Work Visa and working for one of the software firm. My visa is about to expire in couple of months and my current employer is ready to sponsor me.

I would like to know , Can I switch from Tier 2 PSW to Tier 2 General and would be grateful if someonce can guide me on below question ?

- Can I swith from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General ?
- Can i be elible for New Entrant , as Currently I am in PSW ( Please note I am above 26 )
- Does the job require at NQF level 6 and above ?
- I believe i exempt from RLMT as I am post study worker ? Please confirm

Thanks in advance , This is my first post and all the help on above queries will be much appreciated.

Looking forward for your guidance.

Thanks once again.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Switching from PSW to Tier 2 General

Post by makky86 » Sat May 18, 2013 7:32 pm

satya1505 wrote:Hello Friends and Expert ,

Currently I am on Tier 1 - Post Study Work Visa and working for one of the software firm. My visa is about to expire in couple of months and my current employer is ready to sponsor me.

I would like to know , Can I switch from Tier 2 PSW to Tier 2 General and would be grateful if someonce can guide me on below question ?

- Can I swith from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General ?

Yes. You will need a valid COS (Certificate of Sponsorship).

- Can i be elible for New Entrant , as Currently I am in PSW ( Please note I am above 26 )

Yes, PSW holders are considered as new entrant regardless of their age.

- Does the job require at NQF level 6 and above ?

Yes.

- I believe i exempt from RLMT as I am post study worker ? Please confirm

Yes. You are exempted from RLMT.

Thanks in advance , This is my first post and all the help on above queries will be much appreciated.

Looking forward for your guidance.

Thanks once again.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:39 pm

yes you can switch to tier 2.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

satya1505
Newly Registered

Post by satya1505 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi muhdkhokhar,

It will be very helpful if you could guide me where can i find information that PSW come under new entrant. My HR want's to know where this information was given, because she is saying i come under experience and as experience my salary is not matching but as a new entrant it match.

safajnaseef

Post by safajnaseef » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:08 pm

satya1505 wrote:Hi muhdkhokhar,

It will be very helpful if you could guide me where can i find information that PSW come under new entrant. My HR want's to know where this information was given, because she is saying i come under experience and as experience my salary is not matching but as a new entrant it match.
According to the following link under section "Appropriate salary rates" 14-d-i

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixj/

You are treated as new entrant because you are applying as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant and scores points from the Post-Study Work provisions of Appendix A.

The following links is Appendix A

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/

Section "Post-Study Work" 78-B-b defines who is a Post Study Work applicant, and since you have PSW visa then you are one of them.

MM_2013
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Sponsorship license

Post by MM_2013 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:04 am

Hi,

I am a PSW holder and my visa expires in the first week of Jan 2013. My company is interested to give me Tier 2 sponsor license and I have been gathering documents needed for the Tier 2 License.

1. What would be the best time date for me to put in my application for the company to get license (processing time and UKBA visit including) in time and then apply for COS for me?

2. Since its a Small firm who is sponsoring me, I would be needing to do all the efforts and what would be the potential areas for me to be careful about?

3. How to obtain the Company Annual HMRC statement, the company has a number for filing tax returns, but how to obtain this statement and is there a Form Number that I can quote to get this and how can it be obtained.

I would be grateful for the replies to these..

Many thanks

sibychan007
Newly Registered

UK Tier 2 (Employer Sponsored) visas

Post by sibychan007 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:26 am

Hello,

Did you manage to Switch from PSW to Tier 2 visa.. My employer is willing to sponsor me and has to go through lots of process now.

I would like to contact you.. can I have your contact details..