ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice for making new Tier 4 application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajupat
Newly Registered

Advice for making new Tier 4 application

Post by rajupat » Sun May 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Hello everyone
I would like to ask a question regarding my tier4 application and would really appreciate if I could get any advice. I applied for a tier 4 visa extension last year (in time application – two months before my tier 4 visa at that time expired) while I was studying for a masters degree from a college but unfortunately my college’s licence got revoked while my application was still in process at UKBA. Later, I received a letter from UKBA giving me a 60 day period to either find a new sponsor and vary my current application or withdraw my application or else my application will be refused. Since my course was almost finished by then and the college confirmed I could get my degree, I ignored the 60 day period and did not withdraw my application as well. I got my masters degree later but UKBA has not given their decision yet and my current leave to remain has obviously ended while I am waiting for their response.
I am now willing to study for a PhD starting this October at a university but would like to find out if it would be possible to make a fresh application from within the UK or do I have to go back home to do so?
Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:24 am

You must have followed the UKBA 60 days visa decision because usually whenever the license is being revoked then a student gets 60 days deadline to find new sponsor or leave the country. Not complying with this 60 days deadline can make a student overstayer which could affect the future applications too.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:26 pm

you can refer to the tier 4 policy guideline too:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS