ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC on PR basis for EEA student

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zheni

BC on PR basis for EEA student

Post by zheni » Sun May 19, 2013 11:18 pm

I was wondering if anyone here may be able to help me.

I am an A2 national, holding PR since 2012. I've been in education since I came to the UK. When I applied for PR I applied together with my parents as they are supporting me financially. We are planning on applying for BC soon but I am a bit unclear on some points. I am planning to apply again together with my parents.

1. Financial dependency on parents
would it be accepted by the UKBA that I have been financially supported by my parents during the past year taking into account that I am 24?

2. CSI
when I applied for PR I was exempt from providing evidence of CSI as I applied for a student card at a time when UKBA did not require students to have CSI. I've noticed that form AN requires CSI evidence but I presume that this is now irrelevant in my case and that the UKBA will not require me to have held CSI for the past year. Am I correct?

3. Inactivity
my course will end a month or two before I apply hence I will no longer a student but looking for work. Do I need to provide evidence of exercising some activity for each month?

I am generally a bit confused as to what I need to provide in support of my application.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon May 20, 2013 12:29 am

If you apply one year after the PR issue date, you can skip Q2.4-2.6 and details about your treaty rights years as the PR card covers that.

As for your questions:

1. Financial dependency is not relevant for naturalisation.
2. If you have been exempt from CSI for PR, this applies for naturalisation also. If you apply one year after PR, there is no need to fill in the treaty rights questions.
3. After PR is obtained, there is no need to exercise treaty rights.