ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp2006

HSMP Extension question

Post by hsmp2006 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:02 pm

Dear All

I came to UK in Dec 2006 on an intra company transfer. Thanks to the great help from this forum, I could successfully get my HSMP approved.

Now I am into a unique complicated situation (its a little long message)-

While applying for HSMP, I submitted my UK offer letter as an employment proof. Though initially I was supposed to be employed by my company's UK subsidiary, ended up joining the same company's Irish subsidiary.

I am currently staying in Belfast ( have a house rented on my name ). But my salay will be paid in Euros by my Irish employer deducting tax at source.

My long term plans are to work in UK and I've convinced my employer to transfer me to UK after 6 months. I understand that the primary motive behind HSMP is to generate tax income for UK government. Given this situation, I want to make sure I do 'politically' correct things so as not to talk to up my HSMP extension.

I would really appreciate if any Gurus in group can respond to these questions:

1. As I will be staying in Belfast, do I have to pay taxes in UK for my earnings in Ireland? My duration of stay in UK in a calendar year will be for more than 9 months as required by HSMP.

2. If yes, is there any double taxation treaty between Ireland and UK through which I can pay tax only in one place?

3. If I end up paying tax only in Ireland for initial 6 months and subsequently once I am transferred to UK, start paying taxes to UK, will I have any problems extending my HSMP?

Thanks for reading...
hsmp2006.

MUGHAL
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP Extension question

Post by MUGHAL » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:58 pm

hi all
new updates for hsmp people in uk.

Tony Blair is asked tough questions
"Thursday 08 February 2007"
Martin Horwood MP (Lib Dem) put pressure on the Prime Minister with regards to the retrospective changes in the HSMP programme: "When will the Government start deporting the right people and stop deporting the wrong ones?" - he asked at House of Commons question time. The Prime Minister responded that he would ask Home Secretary John Reid to look into the issue, but added: "My usual experience on these things is that the facts turn out to be a little more complicated than they are usually presented."
regards.
mughal