ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REFUSAL TO GRANT LEAVE TO REMAIN

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Peter77
Newly Registered

REFUSAL TO GRANT LEAVE TO REMAIN

Post by Peter77 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:50 am

Dear members

I have been visiting this forum for sometime and have found it very informative and helpful. thank you.
I applied for indefinite leave to remain on the 6/7/ 2012 on the basis of 14 yr long residence.
l arrived in the UK beginning of June 1999 got a six months visitors visa, which l extended with a student visa valid till March 03. When it expired l never renewed it and has been on an expired visa ever since.
The reasons of refusal:
1. l have not provided enough documentary evidence that substantiate my claim of residing in the UK continuously for the last 14 years. Further more l did not provide documentary evidence which covers year 20xx, 20xx and 20xx.
l had provided them with bank statements, bills, hospital letters for which l did not realise l had missed the 3 years mentioned above. and thats all l had.

2.It is noted as well that you were convicted of failing to provide a specimen for analysis(driving or attempting to drive) and driving in accordance with your licence in - - 2008. disqualified and fine 300 plus 200 costs. and the offence wont be considered spent until august 2013.
Taking the above into consideration you therefore cannot meet the requirements of Paragraph 276B(1)(a)(b) and (111) of HC395 (as amended)
I had refused to provide specimen because l wasnt driving the car but in charge of it sitting in the passenger side.
If l appeal what kind of evidence are they after?? is there any thing l can do to prove l have been here all this time?????
What about my conviction? will be considered spent mid august.
Appeal deadline end of may.

Hopeful2

Re: REFUSAL TO GRANT LEAVE TO REMAIN

Post by Hopeful2 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:24 am

Peter77 wrote:Dear members

I have been visiting this forum for sometime and have found it very informative and helpful. thank you.
I applied for indefinite leave to remain on the 6/7/ 2012 on the basis of 14 yr long residence.
l arrived in the UK beginning of June 1999 got a six months visitors visa, which l extended with a student visa valid till March 03. When it expired l never renewed it and has been on an expired visa ever since.
The reasons of refusal:
1. l have not provided enough documentary evidence that substantiate my claim of residing in the UK continuously for the last 14 years. Further more l did not provide documentary evidence which covers year 20xx, 20xx and 20xx.
l had provided them with bank statements, bills, hospital letters for which l did not realise l had missed the 3 years mentioned above. and thats all l had.

2.It is noted as well that you were convicted of failing to provide a specimen for analysis(driving or attempting to drive) and driving in accordance with your licence in - - 2008. disqualified and fine 300 plus 200 costs. and the offence wont be considered spent until august 2013.
Taking the above into consideration you therefore cannot meet the requirements of Paragraph 276B(1)(a)(b) and (111) of HC395 (as amended)
I had refused to provide specimen because l wasnt driving the car but in charge of it sitting in the passenger side.
If l appeal what kind of evidence are they after?? is there any thing l can do to prove l have been here all this time?????
What about my conviction? will be considered spent mid august.
Appeal deadline end of may.

Hello Peter77 if you look at the stickys the fourth sticky from the top reads 14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application. You will find support and details about people in the same situation as yourself, please feel free to post there.