ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in London - Visa due to expire - ILR pending

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

workseeker
Newly Registered

Child born in London - Visa due to expire - ILR pending

Post by workseeker » Tue May 21, 2013 5:19 pm

All,

I have applied for 10 years long residency in the month of Nov 2012 and still decision pending, my current Tier1(G) visa is due to expire on 24th of May 2013.

Both dependents my wife and 15 months old daughter (born in London) visa is also due to expire same as mine.

After speaking to couple of advisers they have suggested me to apply for FLR(m) for my wife and suggested me not to apply for FLR(m) for my daughter and suggested me to wait until I get decision on my SET(o) application and then apply for Naturalization. Is this correct approach, what happens if my SET(o) application takes longer than expected and my daughters visa is expired, does she not become overstayed?

I am confused, please you suggestion is valuable.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Child born in London - Visa due to expire - ILR pending

Post by Amber » Tue May 21, 2013 5:46 pm

workseeker wrote:All,

I have applied for 10 years long residency in the month of Nov 2012 and still decision pending, my current Tier1(G) visa is due to expire on 24th of May 2013.

Both dependents my wife and 15 months old daughter (born in London) visa is also due to expire same as mine.

After speaking to couple of advisers they have suggested me to apply for FLR(m) for my wife and suggested me not to apply for FLR(m) for my daughter and suggested me to wait until I get decision on my SET(o) application and then apply for Naturalization. Is this correct approach, what happens if my SET(o) application takes longer than expected and my daughters visa is expired, does she not become overstayed?

I am confused, please you suggestion is valuable.

Thanks
Is your wife on a PBS dep visa? When was this issued? Your child can register as a British Citizen under section 1(3) once you're settled, it doesn't matter if the child's visa expires.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Wed May 29, 2013 8:25 pm

immigration rules does not apply child who born here until they are five years old so she won't be over stayer she just can not travel that is all

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 30, 2013 3:30 am

maxwake wrote:immigration rules does not apply child who born here until they are five years old so she won't be over stayer she just can not travel that is all
This seems to be a common misconception.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.