ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA-route Applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Magnus
Newly Registered

EEA-route Applications

Post by Magnus » Tue May 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Please help me here. My wife recently requested for a response from someone who knows or have been through what I am going through now. No answer has come yet. I am a non-EU family member in UK and I am due to apply for my resident permit. I made the greatest mistake of my life last January 2013 by shoplifting at Boot. I was told by the police officer that it would not affect me further if I pay the fine within 21 days. Now a little incident and the police ran a check and it showed the January incident on my record. I am shaking already and I have prepared my application to submit next week but not sure how it will affect me. if I declare it, will it affect me? would they deny me? I have 3 children and lived here already with my family fow 6yrs plus. All my children are burn here.

Thanks Victor Magnus

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue May 21, 2013 7:11 pm

It is not a very serious offence. It should not affect a Residence Card application. Just declare it, or live it blank.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Magnus
Newly Registered

Post by Magnus » Tue May 21, 2013 7:18 pm

I forgot to inform that it is for indefinite stay application. I have residence card already which is about to expire

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 pm

I have removed your other threads that were in different parts of the forum.

Are you applying for permanent residence card (EEA4)? It would appear that you are, but I would like to double check.

Magnus
Newly Registered

Post by Magnus » Tue May 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Yes I am applying for permanent residency.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed May 22, 2013 8:11 pm

Magnus wrote:Yes I am applying for permanent residency.
Thanks for clarifying that.

Magnus
Newly Registered

Post by Magnus » Fri May 24, 2013 12:11 pm

Obie and UsmileWEallsmile, please I'm not too sure what your responses are. Obie said it will not affect me maybe because you thought it is just for resident card. I have already got resident card. This is for permanent resident. So, I'm am not too sure and the immigration lawyer I have contacted is scaring me and charging me £900 for this application.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Fri May 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Magnus wrote:Obie and UsmileWEallsmile, please I'm not too sure what your responses are. Obie said it will not affect me maybe because you thought it is just for resident card. I have already got resident card. This is for permanent resident. So, I'm am not too sure and the immigration lawyer I have contacted is scaring me and charging me £900 for this application.
waw..£900 for this application..!!oh my..!!those lawyers are making money out of nothing..you could have just applied yourself and save the money,i mean they could still refuse you and u will have the right to appeal ,then maybe,but its more likely to be a very minor offence if we can call it that and i don't think that they would refuse u permanent residence on that ground,as u said u are already settled in here with children,so it would be near impossible that they remove u,as article 8 of the human rights act is still there ,so they can't and they know i guess that there is little to do against u,my guess is u could have just declare it yourself and apply without the unnecessary help of a lawyer who is clearly taking advantage of the situation,he is not going to do more than u supposed to do ,which is declare the offence on the application form and send it by post,this is his job..then if by bad luck u get a refusal,then u might appeal and seek legal advice..but not now,it looks like it was premature from u to just pay the heavy fee to a lawyer when its not really needed...mark my words,if u get a refusal,the lawyer will ask u for more money to represent u,and u would have to pay then,not before.
UK------++++-------****

Magnus
Newly Registered

Post by Magnus » Sat May 25, 2013 11:52 am

Thanks man! the guy put fear in me and exploited me. I have not paid him yet but only consultation fee of £50. If I don't need him anymore for now, then I won't pay him the remaining. I will apply like you advised.
Thanks

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sat May 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Magnus wrote:Thanks man! the guy put fear in me and exploited me. I have not paid him yet but only consultation fee of £50. If I don't need him anymore for now, then I won't pay him the remaining. I will apply like you advised.
Thanks
what i would suggest is u wait a little bit and see if other moderators and gurus share the same view as mine and then go accordingly and apply,because maybe there would be better advice than mine or if they share the same one then its fine..what i'm trying to say is that,this is what i would do if it was me,and £900 is a lot off money to spend in an application of this nature..so if there is more gurus who think that this is the best possible scenario for u to go on,then go for it..what do u think??
UK------++++-------****

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sat May 25, 2013 6:21 pm

UK------++++-------****

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EEA-route Applications

Post by Amber » Sat May 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Magnus wrote:Please help me here. My wife recently requested for a response from someone who knows or have been through what I am going through now. No answer has come yet. I am a non-EU family member in UK and I am due to apply for my resident permit. I made the greatest mistake of my life last January 2013 by shoplifting at Boot. I was told by the police officer that it would not affect me further if I pay the fine within 21 days. Now a little incident and the police ran a check and it showed the January incident on my record. I am shaking already and I have prepared my application to submit next week but not sure how it will affect me. if I declare it, will it affect me? would they deny me? I have 3 children and lived here already with my family fow 6yrs plus. All my children are burn here.

Thanks Victor Magnus
EEA applications can be refused on grounds of "Public Policy, Public Health or National Security". However, a single conviction (or equivalent) for a minor offence which resulted in a non-custodial sentence/out of court disposal would be no basis for such a refusal.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat May 25, 2013 7:39 pm

I would be reluctant to pay £900 for an application that is very straightforward to complete. An immigration adviser will have no influence whatsoever on the success or otherwise of this type of application.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sat May 25, 2013 8:57 pm

The application form only requires you to state criminal convictions, this is only offense, I don't think you are obliged to state it, if you have no criminal convictions.

Personally I would not state it.