ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work right of tier 4 dependent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrashid02139

Work right of tier 4 dependent

Post by mrashid02139 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi,
I am a tier 4 student and going to start my course from June 2013. My program is level-7 and it is for 10 months (I should be granted additional 2 months, as it is mentioned in the policy guidance of tier-4). However, I would apply for leave to remain in the last week of May 2013, and wondering whether my wife (dependent) would be able to get work right or not? Apparently, we both (me and my wife) are already in the UK.

Just to outline the main point:
Although I am in level-7 program, but the program duration is for 10 months. However, I ought to get 12 months visa. Can my wife expect to get work right?

If anyone know something, please help me. I really need your help.

Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:29 pm

At the time when your wife (dependent) will receive her dependent visa then she will get UKBA letter along with it. It must state her rights including working entitlements.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

safajnaseef

Re: Work right of tier 4 dependent

Post by safajnaseef » Fri May 24, 2013 10:52 am

mrashid02139 wrote:Hi,
I am a tier 4 student and going to start my course from June 2013. My program is level-7 and it is for 10 months (I should be granted additional 2 months, as it is mentioned in the policy guidance of tier-4). However, I would apply for leave to remain in the last week of May 2013, and wondering whether my wife (dependent) would be able to get work right or not? Apparently, we both (me and my wife) are already in the UK.

Just to outline the main point:
Although I am in level-7 program, but the program duration is for 10 months. However, I ought to get 12 months visa. Can my wife expect to get work right?

If anyone know something, please help me. I really need your help.

Thanks
Taken from the following link, section 37, page 7:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

37. If you are the family member of a Tier 4 (General) Student, if the main applicant’s grant of
leave is for less than 12 months you will not be allowed to work whilst in the UK, unless the main applicant is a Government Sponsored Student.

If your are granted more than 12 months (by 1 day at lease) Tier 4 Visa, then your wife is allowed to work. For example, if you are applying on 24/05/2013 and you are granted Tier 4 valid until or after 25/05/2014 then your wife is allowed to work. Otherwise, she is not allowed to work.

mnnouman
Newly Registered

Post by mnnouman » Mon May 27, 2013 1:32 pm

It depends on type of institute you are getting admission in, if your institute is HEI then you and your dependent have chances of getting a work entitlement.

Also, 1 year rule seems valid