ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

having a company sponsor you for work permit

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lisa71
Newly Registered

having a company sponsor you for work permit

Post by lisa71 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:48 am

Just how much effort is it for a company to apply for a working visa (not HSMP)
I thought it was just a detailed form and they had to prove they advertised the position and couldnt find anyone appropriate.
Is there a fee for them to pay ?
I read somewhere about having to show companies financial records ?
any info would be great, cheers

neph
Newly Registered

Post by neph » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:57 am

honestly not mush in my opinion. Just the willingness to try...

1. First hurdle will be for you to find a sponsor thats willing to employ you without a face to face interview...Good luck with that one. This will be your biggest problem.

2. Job wil have to be advertised in the correct meduim for 2 weeks but applications must be accepted for 28 days. You will have to prove that the job was advertised for those 2 weeks... in my case Home office wanted screen shots for every day the job was advertised on-line aka 12 screen shots.

3. The paper work is easy and straight forward and the processing fee is 153 pounds.

If all goes well you have a positive answer in a couple of weeks.
Theres a lot of small nitty gritty involved with how the advert should look ect. But thats too mush typing work now to do =D

lisa71
Newly Registered

Post by lisa71 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:32 am

thanks so much for the useful information.
I understand all you said and thanks for taking the time.
what do you mean re the 12 screen shots ? am I too print them off daily with the dates ? how do I do this ?
also where can I obtain one of the forms or does the employer have to request the form ?
kind regards

neph
Newly Registered

Post by neph » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:27 pm

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... forms.html

Scroll down till you hit: Work Permits guidance notes and application forms

In my case my job was advertised on www.reed.co.uk and I got a letter out of them confirming that the advert was on there site for 12 days. But I have helped a friend where Home office insisted on 12 screen shots... above your movement keys on the keyboard "Prt Scr" past in MS paint and print out.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:47 pm

neph wrote:http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... forms.html

Scroll down till you hit: Work Permits guidance notes and application forms

In my case my job was advertised on www.reed.co.uk and I got a letter out of them confirming that the advert was on there site for 12 days. But I have helped a friend where Home office insisted on 12 screen shots... above your movement keys on the keyboard "Prt Scr" past in MS paint and print out.
Alt-Print Screen will capture the window with the focus.

lisa71
Newly Registered

Post by lisa71 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:24 pm

thank you kindly for your assistance.
so they dont scrutenize the financial records of the employer ?
I read somewhere they did this , i cant imagine any company wanting to draw attention to having their financial records under investigation