ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Really urgent can anyone help please....

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anuvinay
Newly Registered

Really urgent can anyone help please....

Post by anuvinay » Wed May 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Hi,
A lil history before my question.
My husband has TIER2 ICT and i am dependant. We've been in UK for almost 4 yrs now. I am pregnant now and expecting to deliver baby in decemeber. Currently we have applied for a visa extension.

Expiring date of previous VISA : 14 April 2013

We have applied for extension till december. Unfortunately :( its getting delayed due to a payment error which is sorted out. We are waiting for our biometrics inviatation letter. we will be again applying for another extension before december for another year.
My actual query is regarding, I want to bring my mom here for a support during my maternity period. She is planning to come here from 15 june 2013- august 31 2013. Then she will go back to india and come back again by october 2nd week and be here for another 6 months till march. I understand she can only apply for general visit visa as we dont have permanent settlement here.

My queries:
1. can we be able to sponsor her travel and everything as our visa decision is still pending?
2. If not she is self sufficient and can show her funds, but she will be staying with us. In that case also do we have to show our passport and visa details?
3. Can she apply for a 1 year multiple entry visa?

megatop

Post by megatop » Wed May 22, 2013 5:29 pm

Couple of things to think about..

1. You yourself do not have leave to remain. You may not be seen as someone who can accommodate and maintain another person.
2. The outcome of your application for extension is not guaranteed and hence may not be taken as evidence to help her application.
3. Though you have time until the decision is made on your application, what is the accommodation arrangement for the person you are sponsoring?

These are questions that were asked to my in-laws for their visa. My visa was expiring in few months and we applied for their visa. It was rejected on the grounds above.

1. You may want to wait until a proper decision is made on your application. Even if her visa is granted before yours, would you really want her to travel without knowing the outcome of your application?? I feel this is the safest bet.

2. Can someone else you know here sponsor her visit?

ban.s

Re: Really urgent can anyone help please....

Post by ban.s » Wed May 22, 2013 8:02 pm

anuvinay wrote: 3. Can she apply for a 1 year multiple entry visa?
Yes, she can but the decision to approve is on the ECO.

Also see VAT1.4 Visa validity - What period for a multiple entry visit visa?