ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 waiting times(Almost a year)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

h_nn85
Newly Registered

Tier 4 waiting times(Almost a year)

Post by h_nn85 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:57 am

Hi everyone,

I decided to write on this forum so I could see if anyone is in the same situation as me? I am an American citizen based in the UK for a number of years. I have submitted my Tier 4 Student visa last year in July and got a Biometric enrollment in August 2012. Since then I haven't heard ANYTHING from UKBA. I have called several times, sent letters and email to different departments and I have got only 1 response from the complaint department which wasn't helpful at all. It just said that I need to wait and they don't know how long!
So on their website it says that processing time is usually between 4-16 weeks and it MIGHT take up to six months. Well in my case it's almost a year now! I am tired of sending letters every week. My father has just had a stroke and I really need to visit him. However, with no passport, I can't go any where! I even asked for advise from my local MP and she agreed to send a letter to UKBA but it will take between 4-5 weeks for them to response!
Has anyone got any idea what I can possibly do to speed up the process? I have tried everything I could think of. I have a solicitor as well but the UKBA doesn't reply to her letters and emails either. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place and I really need help. This situation has stressed me out so much that I am suffering from depression. Has anyone got any idea what I can do? Please help

Deviser

Re: Tier 4 waiting times(Almost a year)

Post by Deviser » Thu May 23, 2013 2:33 pm

h_nn85 wrote:Hi everyone,

I decided to write on this forum so I could see if anyone is in the same situation as me? I am an American citizen based in the UK for a number of years. I have submitted my Tier 4 Student visa last year in July and got a Biometric enrollment in August 2012. Since then I haven't heard ANYTHING from UKBA. I have called several times, sent letters and email to different departments and I have got only 1 response from the complaint department which wasn't helpful at all. It just said that I need to wait and they don't know how long!
So on their website it says that processing time is usually between 4-16 weeks and it MIGHT take up to six months. Well in my case it's almost a year now! I am tired of sending letters every week. My father has just had a stroke and I really need to visit him. However, with no passport, I can't go any where! I even asked for advise from my local MP and she agreed to send a letter to UKBA but it will take between 4-5 weeks for them to response!
Has anyone got any idea what I can possibly do to speed up the process? I have tried everything I could think of. I have a solicitor as well but the UKBA doesn't reply to her letters and emails either. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place and I really need help. This situation has stressed me out so much that I am suffering from depression. Has anyone got any idea what I can do? Please help
You only have three options...
1.) wait..
2.) wait...
3.) wait....

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:28 pm

If your institute still has an active license and you are attending then you certainly have a right of complaining against this delay. However, you already seeking help from your local MP which is really a good idea too.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

mnnouman
Newly Registered

Post by mnnouman » Mon May 27, 2013 1:27 pm

If you are an American, you would not have problems re-entering UK any time, why don't you ask UKBA to send your passport back, if you really need to visit your home country, go and do it and come back. I'm not sure but I think you can apply from inside the UK again.