ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STUDENT TIER 4 TO TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Deepshadow
Newly Registered

STUDENT TIER 4 TO TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR

Post by Deepshadow » Thu May 23, 2013 11:43 am

Dear All,

I am new to this forum however it is a very informative place to receive in depth information from other forum members.

Now I have a situation here, I was on a TIER 4 student visa and applied for another student TIER 4 extension application on 16th of December 2012. I did received a letter for Bio metrics and I did went for my Bio metrics.

Unfortunately the college where I applied has been removed from the UKBA TIER 4 sponsor's list, now as per my knowledge I would be getting a 60 days letter in which I can reapply or switch the category but to mention here DOCUMENTS will still be with UKBA. Now my question is, is there any way I can apply for TIER 1 Entrepreneur visa and if so will there be any complications apart from the documents and funds required for TIER 1 Entrepreneur which I can arrange as per UKBA guide lines.

Also there is another side of this story, I am married and therefore my wife is not a British National and she is also on a student visa which is still valid, so can she apply at the same time as I am applying?

Please let me know your views on above.

LEGAL SOLUTION

Re: re your application

Post by LEGAL SOLUTION » Thu May 23, 2013 11:54 am

being a student you can only apply if you have approved funding of 50 k or 200k n you can apply out country

stonez
Newly Registered

Post by stonez » Thu May 23, 2013 4:50 pm

I am in a similar situation. I am from africa but on a teir4 visa, wanting to move to teir1 entrepr. However I called the help line of the UKBA and i was told that the 50k had to come from either a
registered venture capital firm regulated by the Financial Services Authority;
UK entrepreneurial seed funding competition (endorsed by UK Trade & Investment); or
UK government departments or devolved government departments in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, which are for the specific purpose of establishing or expanding a UK business.

And because my funds were suppose to come from my family and I do not have access to this money from the threee Options above. The consular I spoke to said to me that I can only be considered if the funds from the family is over 200k.

I would appreciate if you got some more infos though