ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Dependants - Which Form to Use SET (o) or SET (M)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

poornesh
Newly Registered

ILR for Dependants - Which Form to Use SET (o) or SET (M)

Post by poornesh » Thu May 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi
I have completed 5 years on Tier 2 ICT and I got ILR. My wife also completed 5 years on PBS Dependent visa and My kid has completed 2.6 years in UK.

When I applied for ILR I didn't include my wife as dependent only because she didn't pass her Life in the UK test (which is mandatory for ILR). Now she has passed the test and I want to apply ILR for her and also for my kid.

I contacted Home office several times. Initially they said it is SET (M) and finally they confirmed it is SET (O).

In the SET (O) form I have selected the category as PBS Dependent but I am not sure of the list of the documents that we need to submit because in the end of the form there is list of documents for each category but I am not able to find any specific documents for PBS Dependent category apart from documents applicable for all categories or all applicants.

My queries are

1. In the SET(O) form no where they are asking for Settled Person Details or BRP number of the Settled Person. Is it fine if I don't submit any documents of settled person when my dependents are applying for ILR?

2. Even if I had applied for wife along with me , even at that time I need to submit documents for co-habitation but when my dependents alone are applying I cannot find any documents of settled person or even cohabitation documents.

If anybody has encounter similar situation can you please help me out with list of the documents and also the correct SET form that I can use?

I really appreciate your help!!!!!!!

Thanks

vd_ilr

Post by vd_ilr » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi Poornesh,

I am also in a similar situation. Did you manage to get the answers?

Thanks