ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A Quick Question about Spouse Visa!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DTaylor889
Newly Registered

A Quick Question about Spouse Visa!

Post by DTaylor889 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:49 pm

I'm just wondering when you get your Spouse Visa for the UK is it a sticker in your passport or a card?

I once had an unmarried partnership visa and it came to me as a card separate from my passport and also contained my Biometrics info.
I'm just wondering because (with a bit of luck) I should obtain the visa early 2014. My passport however will expire in 2015!

I'm wondering if I should renew my passport before applying for the visa (if its a sticker) or if it comes as a card then I won't have to worry so much about renewing the passport early.

If the visa were in my passport but my passport expired would I be able to get a new visa stamped in my new passport?

Sorry for all the questions! I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere else.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:36 am

it depends where you are applying from. outside uk its a sticker. within uk itsa card
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DTaylor889
Newly Registered

Post by DTaylor889 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:39 pm

CR001 wrote:it depends where you are applying from. outside uk its a sticker. within uk itsa card
Thank you! Do you know what happens if you need to renew your passport if your old one has the visa sticker in it? Can they get a new sticker printed in the new passport?

ijamesf

Post by ijamesf » Sat May 25, 2013 1:23 am

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... s/#header4

This link ought to help you. The crux of it is that you can use the new and old passport together, or you apply for a separate BRP card for a fee.

Please read through link though to ensure im correct though.