ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Enterprenuer (IT Contractors please help)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irana
Newly Registered

T1 Enterprenuer (IT Contractors please help)

Post by irana » Thu May 23, 2013 11:37 pm

Dear Friends,

Can anyone please tell me that what are the best ways to start finding the IT contracts because i am confused where to start now as i recently got visa. I request to the people who are already working as a IT contractor with the help of some agencies. Do i really need to register with limited company or will i be fine as a self employed person with the simple business company account.

Thanking you ALL.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Re: T1 Enterprenuer (IT Contractors please help)

Post by KickAss » Fri May 24, 2013 8:43 am

irana wrote:Dear Friends,

Can anyone please tell me that what are the best ways to start finding the IT contracts because i am confused where to start now as i recently got visa. I request to the people who are already working as a IT contractor with the help of some agencies. Do i really need to register with limited company or will i be fine as a self employed person with the simple business company account.

Thanking you ALL.
Hi
When you say you got visa.. I guess you got T1E visa? If yes , you applied as self employed.
It is not a must for you to have a limited company to get IT contracts.
My personal opinion is that limited company is more profitable. obviously this varies from person to person.
To answer your question about contracts, first tell me what is your core skill set and how much exp you have ?