ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 - EU national's national law and Directive article 10

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

EEA2 - EU national's national law and Directive article 10

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Fri May 24, 2013 3:09 pm

As the EU directive grant the right of visa free travel to non-eu national to other members states if holding EEA2 RC and travel along with EU national.
How about the situation if the non-EU national is travelling to EU national's own country along with its EU national spouse and whether does this still cover under article 10 or EU national's domestic/national rules will apply and non-eu national need visa to enter there.

Reply need from all members especially EUsmile, Jambo, Directive/2004 (guru), Obie etc.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 24, 2013 9:41 pm

It should do, but home country might require evidence that treaty rights were exercised (article 10 should in fact help prove this)

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat May 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Nearly all EU embassies say that non-EU national along with EU national can enter free having EEA2 permit. They donot say anything about EU national's own national visa rules for non-EU national will apply if both travel to EU national's native country i.e. lithuanian national is going to lithuania along with non-eu national. Does this word EU also covers the EU national own country too for visa free travel.

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sun May 26, 2013 10:29 pm

My opinion is it won't as long as you they don't intend to settle down but only came there for a visit within validity of schengen visa.

But from my experience calling institution in Poland which is responsible for issuing residence cards for non EEA nationals, there is no issue at all concerning prior exercising treaty rights in another member state by Poles.

So if the information given to me was true I don't even need to prove Surinder singh in Poland.