ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER1 / ILR Dependant Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Manju___
Newly Registered

TIER1 / ILR Dependant Visa

Post by Manju___ » Sat May 25, 2013 11:01 am

Hello,
Myself and my wife entered UK in Feb 2008 with HSMP visa. Then we moved to TIER1 category after the extension. Both our childrens are born in UK and they possess Indian passport. My wife and childrens are now in India for last little more than a year to get domestic help from our parents to take care of kids. Now after 5 years of living in UK I have ILR Visa. My wife's & childrens TIER1 visa has expired while they are in India and now I want to get them back to UK. I am wondering what visa application should be used for them? Should it be ILR Dependant (VAF4A) or TIER1(Dependant). I think it should be ILR Dependant but one of my friend was suggesting it should be TIER1(Dependant) as they were already here in UK on TIER1 visa. Can you please help me to decide what Visa should I apply for my family members. thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 25, 2013 12:01 pm

Tier 1 dependant entry clearances are not possible.

UK born children are also entitled to register as British citizens.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

maidy

Post by maidy » Sun May 26, 2013 2:48 pm

As you(vinny) mentioned above, can a U.K born child of a parent with ILR, apply to register as British Citizen when child is not in U.K but been in U.K as a dependent of PBS migrant or child born in U.K but lived here for one year and moved back to home country.

My case is as follows please give your expert opinion,
I (main applicant) entered U.K on June 2008 with HSMP 2 years, (wife + child got visa as dependent same time but didn’t travel with me)
Wife+ one child entered U.K on 20th July 2009 as dependents of HSMP PBS migrant.
I as main applicant +Wife +1st child switched to T-1 General in May 2010
My 2nd child born in UK Aug-2010.
They all left U.K and went back to Pak on 30 June 2011.
Now I got my ILR last week while they are still outside U.K and their dependent visas expiring 02 June 2011. My 2nd child doesn’t have any visa in her passport because she was born in U.K and then travelled back to home country.

I need your advice what visa they will apply If they want to come to U.K in near future.
(Section 1(3) immediately after a parent is granted settlement/PR, their child is entitled to register for British citizenship (Section 1(3)), irrespective of child's immigration status.
Maddy

maidy

Post by maidy » Sun May 26, 2013 3:04 pm

sorry , their dependent visas expiring 02 June 2013,

(Section 1(3) immediately after a parent is granted settlement/PR, their child is entitled to register for British citizenship (Section 1(3)), irrespective of child's immigration status.
Does this section applicable for children 'of a settled person' living outside U.K

In case of wife /partner I believe she can apply as a partner of a settled person under Rules in place before 19 July 2012.
These rules require 2 year residency in U.K my partner dates are
20th July 2009 to 30 June 2011 in U.K which is 1 year and 11 months.
and her visa dates are HSMP dependent (May 2008 to May 2010) 2 years + T 1 General (dependent) 3 years (May 2010 to 02 June 2013

thanks in advance for reading my long posts. Please, all senior members, Gurus are requested to give their advice. Thanks again.
Maddy

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 27, 2013 1:37 am

maidy wrote:sorry , their dependent visas expiring 02 June 2013,
vinny wrote:Tier 1 dependant entry clearances are not possible.

They should return to the UK prior to 2 June 2013. Else, they will have to apply for settlement visas, probably subject to Appendix FM.

UK born child is entitled to register as a British citizen.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

maidy

Post by maidy » Tue May 28, 2013 11:49 am

vinny wrote:
maidy wrote:sorry , their dependent visas expiring 02 June 2013,
vinny wrote:Tier 1 dependant entry clearances are not possible.

They should return to the UK prior to 2 June 2013. Else, they will have to apply for settlement visas, probably subject to Appendix FM.
This Appendix applies to applications under this route made on or after 9 July 2012 and to applications under Part 8 as set out in the Statement of Changes laid on 13 June 2012 (HC 194), except as otherwise set out at paragraphs A277-A280.

after one year of his/her birth child is outside U.K without having any visa is he/she still can apply for British Citizenship from outside U.K??
Maddy

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 28, 2013 11:50 am

Yes. Do click on the given links for more details.

maidy

Post by maidy » Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 am

after one year of his/her birth child is outside U.K without having any visa is he/she still can apply for British Citizenship from outside U.K??

Rest of the family: They can apply for settelment only if we assume they are applying under the rules in place before 09 July 2012. Its a bit of confusion.
Maddy

vinny

Re: which Forms to use for Wife and Child......

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:51 am

maidy wrote:I am on ILR (HSMP+T1), wife and son in Pakistan, they had HSMP dependent visas and then switched to T1 Dependent Visas expired in June 13, They lived in U.K 01 year and 11 months then moved back to pakistan in June-2011 and are still there.

Now i want to apply for their visas, Please guide me which forms to use and in whcih cat. they should apply. For wife, does she need to prove KOL, i belive she dont need if apply before 28 OCT 2013.
also need to know Financial req. applies or not.

Please reply .... .. thanks

maidy

which Forms to use for Wife and Child......

Post by maidy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:14 am

I am on ILR (HSMP+T1), wife and son in Pakistan, they had HSMP dependent visas and then switched to T1 Dependent Visas expired in June 13, They lived in U.K 01 year and 11 months then moved back to pakistan in June-2011 and are still there.

Now i want to apply for their visas, Please guide me which forms to use and in whcih cat. they should apply. For wife, does she need to prove KOL, i belive she dont need if apply before 28 OCT 2013.
also need to know Financial req. applies or not.

Please reply .... .. thanks
Maddy

maidy

Post by maidy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:07 am

can anybody there to reply pls
Maddy

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:18 am

As there dep leave has now expired, you will have to apply for a spouse visa (click) for your wife and child or just the wife and register the child as British now on form MN1 under section 1(3) as the child was born in the UK and you have ILR.

Your spouse will have to meet an A1 English Language requirement and a financial requirement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

maidy

Post by maidy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Thanks D4109125. For child MN1 forms needs 2 refrees are they have to be british citizens?
for A1 Eng Lang Req. what band score in IELTs will be equal to A1 and is there any other language tests other than IELTS which are approved.

Thanks again for your help...
Maddy

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:39 pm

One should be a British Passport holder (non-professional) but if necessary a commonwealth citizen can be used (as a last resort really).

See here (click) for the tests. The lowest IELTS score is B1 that is:
Listening – 4.0
Speaking – 4.0
Reading – 4.0
Writing – 4.0
Below that won't count as you cannot judge what is equal to A1.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.