ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

slight mistake on naturalisation certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zorowah
Newly Registered

slight mistake on naturalisation certificate

Post by Zorowah » Sun May 26, 2013 1:38 am

Hi folks I just got my naturalisation certificate and noticed a slight mistake on it. My surname is John-Smith but on the certificate it's John- Smith. Do you think this slight mistake can cause the IPS to reject my passport application. Any suggestions would be appreciated

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: slight mistake on naturalisation certificate

Post by ric1982 » Sun May 26, 2013 8:31 am

Zorowah wrote:Hi folks I just got my naturalisation certificate and noticed a slight mistake on it. My surname is John-Smith but on the certificate it's John- Smith. Do you think this slight mistake can cause the IPS to reject my passport application. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Ask the question to UKBA and get it corrected. Otherwise it will be same on Passport

Zorowah
Newly Registered

Post by Zorowah » Sun May 26, 2013 8:37 am

thanks rici1982

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: slight mistake on naturalisation certificate

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun May 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Zorowah wrote:Hi folks I just got my naturalisation certificate and noticed a slight mistake on it. My surname is John-Smith but on the certificate it's John- Smith. Do you think this slight mistake can cause the IPS to reject my passport application. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Do not see a point getting corrected, as there is no difference.
John-Smith, John- Smith or John - Smith, all are one and the same.
Do you really think that just a gap after the dash is somehow going to create problems?

Dash is connecting two words John and smith. Does it make a difference that there is just a gap after the dash?

I don't think so.