ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Age of documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

azo

Age of documents

Post by azo » Sun May 26, 2013 1:00 pm

Another question, how old can supporting documents, i.e bank statements wage slips, be in order to support a settlement application. I was told it was up to 3 months old. Is this still the case.

johnj1

Re: Age of documents

Post by johnj1 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:41 pm

azo wrote:Another question, how old can supporting documents, i.e bank statements wage slips, be in order to support a settlement application. I was told it was up to 3 months old. Is this still the case.
All supporting documents SHOULD NOT be more than 28 days old before applying for settlement visa.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 26, 2013 5:01 pm

azo wrote:Another question, how old can supporting documents, i.e bank statements wage slips, be in order to support a settlement application. I was told it was up to 3 months old. Is this still the case.
What visa are you applying for a spousal visa outside the uk? The financial requirements for such may mean that the last 6 months wage slips are required or even the last 12 or tax details for 2 years ago.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

azo

Post by azo » Sun May 26, 2013 5:17 pm

[quote] What visa are you applying for a spousal visa outside the uk? The financial requirements for such may mean that the last 6 months wage slips are required or even the last 12 or tax details for 2 years ago. [/quote]

She is applying for a spousal visa outside the UK, I have been in my employment for more than 6 months and have posted may wife 6 months worth of them (I started a new job that reached the correct level of income)

The last payslip at the time of posting my information the 21 April which is for the whole month of April
With bank statements up to the 7 of May
a letter from the letting company dated the 30 April.
A letter from the company I work for dated 29 April - As then I would had been working 6 months and more.
Plus my P60 for the tax year just gone.

The application was submitted on-line on the 19 of May and she goes to the embassy for finger printing and to hand the folder in on the 29 of May

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue May 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Payslips and bank statements should be no more than 28 days old at the time of paying for the application.

meetvans

Dates on Council Tax and Water Bills

Post by meetvans » Wed May 29, 2013 4:13 pm

SoHopeful wrote:Payslips and bank statements should be no more than 28 days old at the time of paying for the application.
What about the dates on the utility bills, as these specifically get generated or issued only once per year for a property.

Do the dates matter in this case? Please advise.

batleykhan

Re: Dates on Council Tax and Water Bills

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 29, 2013 4:25 pm

meetvans wrote:
SoHopeful wrote:Payslips and bank statements should be no more than 28 days old at the time of paying for the application.
What about the dates on the utility bills, as these specifically get generated or issued only once per year for a property.

Do the dates matter in this case? Please advise.
These should be OK :wink:

Skydive
Newly Registered

Post by Skydive » Wed May 29, 2013 8:52 pm

How does this make sense if you have to supply 6 months worth of payslips and bank statements? I don't understand...

Should it not be the last 6 months worth of payslips/bank statements from the date of paying for the application? i.e if you submit the application on 15 June, then you need all bank statements and payslips up to May 31st?