ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

-KoLL, New requirements from 28-10-2013 onwards

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abby92

-KoLL, New requirements from 28-10-2013 onwards

Post by abby92 » Mon May 27, 2013 1:44 pm

Hello all,

I understand that new rules are coming in to play wef 28-10-13 where applicants for ILR will have to prove their English language skills by passing a qualification at B1 or higher or an equivalent level in addition to the KoLL test.
In the intent of changes statement, it further says that those who have obtained a degree in English will not be required to show a formal speaking and listening qualification.

My questions;

1. I am on tier 1 (G) holding a master degree from the UK taught in English so I meet the requirement?

2. My wife as my dependent holding LL.B degree taught in English from abroad (equal to ordinary UK bachelor degree certified by UK NARIC), we are confused if she will have to show another formal qualification or not?

The statement actually does not talk specifically about qualifications from abroad that's why I put my questions to the learned fellows and Gurus here.

Please help.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:20 pm

1) yes
2) no further proof is required if you have NARIC certificate for a UK bachelor degree equivalent
Manka