ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

couldnt attend OATH Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

star17

couldnt attend OATH Ceremony

Post by star17 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi
i had my successful nationality application and got my LETTER OF INVITATION dated 21/02/1013.
i booked my oath ceremony and got date for 9/4/2013 but just few days prior to ceremony on the 4/5/2013 due a serious emergency i had to travel abroad to visit my parents.

i am coming back to Uk on the 9/6/2013, last week i tried to get new date for my OATH CEREMONY they said i have to contact nationality department as i had to take oath within 3 months of the date on the letter of invitation ( which was 21/2/2013). i read at the back of letter it only says that

THE CEREMONY MUST TAKE PLACE WITHIN 3 MONTHS.
it nothing explains more then that on that on that letter, neither Oath ceremony people know why is that, all they know is they are advised to do so.

i called nationality department, there isn't any option to talk with anybody in the nationality department's phone line, all they left a message to email them and they will reply in 3 week time.

please guide me, what will happen next, are they going to ask me to apply again for nationality? paying £1000 again for fees etc

Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: couldnt attend OATH Ceremony

Post by Amber » Mon May 27, 2013 7:50 pm

star17 wrote:Hi
i had my successful nationality application and got my LETTER OF INVITATION dated 21/02/1013.
i booked my oath ceremony and got date for 9/4/2013 but just few days prior to ceremony on the 4/5/2013 due a serious emergency i had to travel abroad to visit my parents.

i am coming back to Uk on the 9/6/2013, last week i tried to get new date for my OATH CEREMONY they said i have to contact nationality department as i had to take oath within 3 months of the date on the letter of invitation ( which was 21/2/2013). i read at the back of letter it only says that

THE CEREMONY MUST TAKE PLACE WITHIN 3 MONTHS.
it nothing explains more then that on that on that letter, neither Oath ceremony people know why is that, all they know is they are advised to do so.

i called nationality department, there isn't any option to talk with anybody in the nationality department's phone line, all they left a message to email them and they will reply in 3 week time.

please guide me, what will happen next, are they going to ask me to apply again for nationality? paying £1000 again for fees etc

Regards
See chapter 6.11 at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Basically, if you provide a valid reason why you missed a ceremony the HO can grant you an extension to do the ceremony email furthernationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

star17

Post by star17 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:18 pm

Many thanks D4109125,

i don't have words to thank you, this explains everything, except who and how to contact.

thank you again for providing that contact Email as well.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon May 27, 2013 9:27 pm

star17 wrote:Many thanks D4109125,

i don't have words to thank you, this explains everything, except who and how to contact.

In writing to (recorded delivery):

Department 1
UK Border Agency
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

and also via email.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Mon May 27, 2013 11:12 pm

D4109125 wrote:

Department 1
UK Border Agency
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

and also via email.
Just need a clarifications
Forwarded documents should be send above mentioned address from UK or
UK border agency.
North west region,
Nationality team, po box 306, Liverpool, L2 0QN
Will be helpful if you let me know, thank you.

star17

Post by star17 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:24 am

many thanks

D4109125 and teawithlemon

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Tue May 28, 2013 8:49 am

Let us know how it goes...

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Tue May 28, 2013 10:17 am

teawithlemon wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Department 1
UK Border Agency
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

and also via email.
UK border agency.
North west region,
Yes But Which Address is more accurate to send documents after received aclnowledgement letter ? As on the acknowledgement letter it is Po box address as it is caseworker department but firdt address is sorting documents and taking fee and send acknowledgement letter. They doesnt make decission.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue May 28, 2013 11:43 am

teawithlemon wrote:
teawithlemon wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Department 1
UK Border Agency
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

and also via email.
UK border agency.
North west region,
Yes But Which Address is more accurate to send documents after received aclnowledgement letter ? As on the acknowledgement letter it is Po box address as it is caseworker department but firdt address is sorting documents and taking fee and send acknowledgement letter. They doesnt make decission.
I think that which ever address you send the letter it ought to be forwarded to the correct department upon sorting.

star17

Post by star17 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:28 pm

i am going to send copy on both addresses.
and will update with outcome .

star17

Post by star17 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:55 pm

hi
today i got letter from UKBA, they have issued me new letter with which is valid for 3 months. i have got a new date for oath ceremony.

thank you very much for your support and help.
regards