ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI application: Wife's marital status blank on form A

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

macgyver

OCI application: Wife's marital status blank on form A

Post by macgyver » Mon May 27, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi there,
I am applying for the OCI after naturalisation for myself and my wife. After filling all the details online for myself and my wife, when I print the marital field in my wife's form is blank and the in front of spouse's name, it says NA.
I have tried filling the form twice and it is happened both times. I made sure second time I have filled in the marital status on the form.
1) Is this normal or has has happened to anyone else?
2) Should I write with black ink on the form A of my wife in the marital status as married and my name in the spouse's name?

Please advise

Thank you

argyle_estate
Newly Registered

Post by argyle_estate » Mon May 27, 2013 10:13 pm

happened to me. infact i didn't notice this issue until i submitted the application at HCI :-(

I thought that i forgot to update wife's detail (which was unusual coz I reviewed the details prior to online submission).

anyway, now i have submitted the application at HCI so i am not going to waste my sleep over it...let's see what happens. in my opinion it's just a minor issue.
Last edited by argyle_estate on Mon May 27, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macgyver

Post by macgyver » Mon May 27, 2013 10:59 pm

Thank you.
That puts me at ease.

May be since we are inputing the spouse's details, thats why it presumes that they are married...

Odd.....

argyle_estate
Newly Registered

Post by argyle_estate » Mon May 27, 2013 11:11 pm

indeed bit odd.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:17 am

Their online system is the sh**test in the world given we are the IT nation of the world! Don't worry just print the form and explain this at IHC. You should be fine.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:04 pm

This problem was still there when I did the forms last week. I filled a new form just to check if I had made a mistake while entering details for my wife and have taken screenshots at each stage. However, the problem is very much there, the previous name field comes as blank (even though this was filled in my wife's form), and the 'spouse name' and 'marital status' field comes as NA in the generated PDF.

I filled these fields by had using a black pen before submitting the form.

The staff at HCI were completely ignorant about this and just accepted the form as is, most people I saw were submitting the forms with NA filled in the above mentioned fields.

IMO, this is going to create a serious issue later and I see myself standing in the queue at HCI again to get these fields corrected on the OCI card as the MHA/HCI will definitely blame the applicant later.

Gopaalan

Post by Gopaalan » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Can we re-do a form from start, ignoring the one already done?

nehalbhagat

Post by nehalbhagat » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:26 pm

I will suggest whoever has issue with wife's detail in OCI online form to send email to "shettybn@nic.in". This is contact detail if you have issue with OCI.

I am sure they will not resolve this issue until more people reports it.

regards

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Gopaalan wrote:Can we re-do a form from start, ignoring the one already done?
Online submission is nothing but on-line data entry - so you can complete the form online as many times as you wish.
Only the signed form submitted at HCI - in person or post - will be reviewed.