ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name is incorrectly spelt on the approval letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stuffedcabbage
Newly Registered

Name is incorrectly spelt on the approval letter

Post by stuffedcabbage » Mon May 27, 2013 10:37 pm

I have a slightly different problem what for I cannot found an answer yet on this forum hence the new thread:

I've received my approval letter today :D

There is only one thing to spoil my happiness.
They have misspelled my first name where it says on the approval letter: "Please note that your name will appear on the certificate as x Y"

The errors are:
1. The first character in my first name is a lowercase character instead of an uppercase one (I don't know how this could be as I thought every name in the world begins with uppercase character)
2. One another character in the middle of my first name replaced with another (the two characters are quite close to each other on a computer keyboard).
My surname was spelt OK.

So it seems to be a simple typing error to me as all my documentations and notarized passport copy, etc. I sent in with my application had my name correctly written on them.

And the most interesting that I haven't received any communication between the first letter where they acknowledged receiving my application and now the final approval letter (literally nothing and I have not changed my home address at all). So I've had no chance to recognize this issue earlier.

Based on that what I'm afraid from that I don't know from which stage of the process my name was spelt incorrectly. Is that mean if it was approved incorrectly then by requesting a correction I might have to jump back to front of the queue (ie. start the process all over again)? :shock:

Please don't misunderstand me I'm still happy but I don't want my name to appear incorrectly on the new passport what would pose identification problems later.

Or this might be a possibility to re-born as new person :twisted: (just joking)

Any ideas?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon May 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Send them an email immediately highlighting this if you've not already done so!. Also ring them tomorrow to discuss that further with them.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue May 28, 2013 9:32 am

Don't worry, just send them an email, and if it is their mistake they'll fix it.

Was you name spelled out correctly in previous communications?

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:35 am

A friend's personal experience is to send them a letter by registered post. He had similar problem and next day he received a call from the DOJ explaining the process and acknowledgement of his letter. So spend few bobs and i would recommend to send a registered nicely drafted letter.

stuffedcabbage
Newly Registered

Post by stuffedcabbage » Tue May 28, 2013 11:00 am

jeupsy wrote:Don't worry, just send them an email, and if it is their mistake they'll fix it.

Hi,
There was zero communication after the first acknowledgement that they received my application.
I only received the approval letter now....there was nothing in between: no calls, no emails, no letters.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue May 28, 2013 11:28 am

stuffedcabbage wrote:
jeupsy wrote:Don't worry, just send them an email, and if it is their mistake they'll fix it.

Hi,
There was zero communication after the first acknowledgement that they received my application.
I only received the approval letter now....there was nothing in between: no calls, no emails, no letters.
Well if your name was spelled out out correctly in the acknowledgement and this is the first time it is wrong; definitely it is a mistake on their side and you never had an opportunity to fix it. Really don't worry about it - just let them know about the mistake and they will fix it (this is the point of having your name on the acknowledgement letter and asking you to double check it).

stuffedcabbage
Newly Registered

Post by stuffedcabbage » Tue May 28, 2013 12:47 pm

jeupsy wrote:
stuffedcabbage wrote:

Hi,
Well if your name was spelled out out correctly in the acknowledgement and this is the first time it is wrong; definitely it is a mistake on their side and you never had an opportunity to fix it. Really don't worry about it - just let them know about the mistake and they will fix it (this is the point of having your name on the acknowledgement letter and asking you to double check it).

Thanks to all who responded.
I have written an email and it's all resolved now.
It looks like I was more afraid than it was actually necessary.
By the way there is a really good response time for emails from INIS nowadays (keep up the good work Guys&Girls!)

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Tue May 28, 2013 1:34 pm

stuffedcabbage wrote:By the way there is a really good response time for emails from INIS nowadays (keep up the good work Guys&Girls!)
TBF I have to say, Ive spoken to a few Irish reps and just lately I agree. (a couple of months ago, maybe not ... but with everyone, it depends on WHO you speak to... some of the staff actually give a crap... most of them don't).