ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited Company - being accepted as employed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

corby
Newly Registered

Limited Company - being accepted as employed

Post by corby » Tue May 28, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi all,

I am in the UK under Tier1 General! I just setup a limited company last week and I am the companies director. I haven't got any contract and revenue yet.

Do I need to make the PAYE registration from now and have a salary to be accepted as employed. Or is it enough to be the companies director?

I will go abroad in two days. I need to be accepted as employed when I am outside the UK. I don't want to damage my 5 year continuous period!

Thanks,
Corby

Wehi
Newly Registered

Re: Limited Company - being accepted as employed

Post by Wehi » Tue May 28, 2013 7:46 pm

corby wrote: Do I need to make the PAYE registration from now and have a salary to be accepted as employed. Or is it enough to be the companies director?
They will want to see you are making money from the company.

You will need your wage or salary slips plus your dividend vouchers and all your bank statements. Its a good idea to get your accountant to notarize the dividend vouchers, stamp the pay slips and provide a letter showing what your company has paid you (both as a salary and in dividends).

The dates on the payslips & dividend vouchers will need to match your bank statements and the UKBA will cross check with the HMRC computers to ensure you have paid your tax so make sure everything is up to date and squeaky clean.