ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confirmation of overseas earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Picabia
Newly Registered

Confirmation of overseas earnings

Post by Picabia » Tue May 28, 2013 4:26 pm

I am finalising the supporting paperwork for an appointment later this week, and though everything seems to me to be in order, I thought it worth double-checking with the experienced folks on here. If I list below the documents I am submitting in support of my previous earnings, I am hoping that if there is anything else I should include, someone might be kind enough to enlighten me. Many thanks in advance.

Most of my earnings are from UK employment, which I am showing by means of payslips and bank statements. This is straightforward enough, and I do not foresee a problem with this.

In order to satisfy the remaining £2,000 I require to meet the threshold, I am bringing in earnings from the U.S. I did some contract work for two companies, and am providing the following evidence:

1) a letter from my U.S. accountant confirming the work done, broken down into the exact amount of gross payment I received, the company that paid it, and on what date it was paid to me.
This also confirms that I was not eligible to file a tax return, as the income does not meet the minimum threshold for the U.S.

2) Bank statements showing the deposits into my U.S. bank account of the earnings claimed.

3) My employers paid me via personal cheque. I have included copies of the cheques made before they were deposited, as they confirm the name of the company that issued them, as well as the amount paid. There is a cheque to correspond with each deposit made into my bank account, hence tying each deposit to a respective employer and work payment.

4) A letter from the bank confirming the validity of the bank statements and the income deposits on the relevant dates from the relevant companies.

5) Rough invoices generated by me for the relevant work.

I will also include a cover sheet describing the nature of the work I did, which primarily involved some editing and proofreading.

I believe this ought to be more than sufficient to confirm the earnings, but as I expect greater scrutiny will be placed on overseas income that is separate from my day job in the U.K., I thought it might not be a bad idea to put this out there in case anyone has any suggestions. Thanks very much in advance.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Please make sure the accountant certifying your income is suitably regulated.

Picabia
Newly Registered

Post by Picabia » Tue May 28, 2013 4:37 pm

Thank you very much for that. That is a good point, and I should have mentioned--the accountant is registered in the U.S., and indeed, I supplied a letter from them in support of my last Tier-1 application. (I am now applying for an exention.) It was accepted without any trouble the last time, so hopefully that should be fine again.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:24 pm

Your documents look sufficient. Hopefully you will be alright.

Picabia
Newly Registered

Post by Picabia » Wed May 29, 2013 9:07 am

Thank you very much. I have of course read the guidance notes many times, and that is my feeling, too. But the whole thing makes me so nervous--especially with my appointment now actually looming so close--I thought a second perspective would be a good thing.

Thank you again!

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Re: Confirmation of overseas earnings

Post by abhisheks9 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:04 pm

Don't worry, you should get it.
I also got my extension last year with part of earning from India, which was essential for me to claim points.
I only provided stamped monthly payslips and indian bank statements.
Also, i didn't notice longer processing time compared to other applicants at that point of time.
Picabia wrote:I am finalising the supporting paperwork for an appointment later this week, and though everything seems to me to be in order, I thought it worth double-checking with the experienced folks on here. If I list below the documents I am submitting in support of my previous earnings, I am hoping that if there is anything else I should include, someone might be kind enough to enlighten me. Many thanks in advance.

Most of my earnings are from UK employment, which I am showing by means of payslips and bank statements. This is straightforward enough, and I do not foresee a problem with this.

In order to satisfy the remaining £2,000 I require to meet the threshold, I am bringing in earnings from the U.S. I did some contract work for two companies, and am providing the following evidence:

1) a letter from my U.S. accountant confirming the work done, broken down into the exact amount of gross payment I received, the company that paid it, and on what date it was paid to me.
This also confirms that I was not eligible to file a tax return, as the income does not meet the minimum threshold for the U.S.

2) Bank statements showing the deposits into my U.S. bank account of the earnings claimed.

3) My employers paid me via personal cheque. I have included copies of the cheques made before they were deposited, as they confirm the name of the company that issued them, as well as the amount paid. There is a cheque to correspond with each deposit made into my bank account, hence tying each deposit to a respective employer and work payment.

4) A letter from the bank confirming the validity of the bank statements and the income deposits on the relevant dates from the relevant companies.

5) Rough invoices generated by me for the relevant work.

I will also include a cover sheet describing the nature of the work I did, which primarily involved some editing and proofreading.

I believe this ought to be more than sufficient to confirm the earnings, but as I expect greater scrutiny will be placed on overseas income that is separate from my day job in the U.K., I thought it might not be a bad idea to put this out there in case anyone has any suggestions. Thanks very much in advance.