ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paying with Halifax at PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

darkhorse10

Paying with Halifax at PEO

Post by darkhorse10 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Hello there,

I have a week before I attend the PEO appointment. I have applied for a 0% credit card so that I can bear with the expense in a slow pace for the next few months. It was with Halifax, and arrived today. Activated it. Everything was alright.

I called Halifax to tell them about the big expense coming in the next week to make sure it is not rejected. They have told that they can make a note of it. They asked to go ahead and if they sense any problem then they would call me on the phone to confirm that I have done the transaction. They also told they might reject, but can try after confirming with me.

Anybody paid that much amount with Halifax card? Will it be rejected? What happens if they reject?

BTW, the amount is around 2600GBP for ILR with dependent.

Thanks,
Nik

syed_ILR

Re: Paying with Halifax at PEO

Post by syed_ILR » Tue May 28, 2013 9:10 pm

darkhorse10 wrote:Hello there,

I have a week before I attend the PEO appointment. I have applied for a 0% credit card so that I can bear with the expense in a slow pace for the next few months. It was with Halifax, and arrived today. Activated it. Everything was alright.

I called Halifax to tell them about the big expense coming in the next week to make sure it is not rejected. They have told that they can make a note of it. They asked to go ahead and if they sense any problem then they would call me on the phone to confirm that I have done the transaction. They also told they might reject, but can try after confirming with me.

Anybody paid that much amount with Halifax card? Will it be rejected? What happens if they reject?

BTW, the amount is around 2600GBP for ILR with dependent.

Thanks,
Nik
I paid with a halifax debit card. I called them one days before I was going to make the payment. In my case it was thirteen hundred something.

Halifax bank can't put a marker on your account. They just told me that it should go through as you are using your bank card and pin.

It went through fine for me.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Tue May 28, 2013 11:31 pm

Answer not specific to Halifax, but i'd keep a note of your halifax credit card helpline and any password/pins you have setup to access it over the phone. Chances are that if this is the first time you do a large value transaction on the credit card, the system may place a hold on the card. Then you call them to get the hold removed and carry on.

For debit cards it can be more lenient as it is your responsibility to report fraud, while with credit cards the bank is usually held responsible.

darkhorse10

Post by darkhorse10 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:00 am

Thanks both of you.

Syed, Will UKBA give time if the card gets rejected, to confirm and repay?