ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving Offence + Talking on Mobile Phone

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chan0976

Driving Offence + Talking on Mobile Phone

Post by chan0976 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi,

My Friend is applying for IRL in the month of June 2013 and have received 3 points and a penalty of £60 today for "Talking on the Mobile while driving".

Does he need to declare this on his ILR application and does this come under the FPN (which need not be declared I believe)

Any help is appreciated ?

Regards.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Driving Offence + Talking on Mobile Phone

Post by Amber » Wed May 29, 2013 6:23 pm

chan0976 wrote:Hi,

My Friend is applying for IRL in the month of June 2013 and have received 3 points and a penalty of £60 today for "Talking on the Mobile while driving".

Does he need to declare this on his ILR application and does this come under the FPN (which need not be declared I believe)

Any help is appreciated ?

Regards.
As long as it is a normal FPN or a court issued FPN that is not recorded on his/her criminal record it will not be considered as a non-custodial conviction and should not lead to a refusal. Disclosure of an FPN is optional.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.