ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we apply for EEA1 and EEA2 in the same time?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

casper_aks
Newly Registered

Can we apply for EEA1 and EEA2 in the same time?

Post by casper_aks » Wed May 29, 2013 5:58 pm

First of all I am so thankful for this website for all the very useful information I knew here.

I have enquiries about my residence documents. I am an Egyptian national married to a dutch national since July 2012. We will be moving to the UK next July. She just had a job that will start in Birmingham in next August. I understand that I have to apply for EEA2 to prove my right to live and work in the UK. But I just read that my wife has to apply first to EEA1 to support my application for EEA2.

My question is: can we apply for EEA1 and EEA2 in the same time? if we can do it, to which address shall we be sending our passports and supporting documents? The address of EEA1 or the EEA2 applications?

Thank you very much in advance.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:36 pm

EEA1 belongs to EU national and is totally optional. In same envelope at same address EEA1 and EEA2 can be sent and EEA1 is usually be processed earlier than EEA2, therefore, it can tell the result of eea2 application earlier too.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

casper_aks
Newly Registered

Post by casper_aks » Wed May 29, 2013 7:01 pm

sheraz7 wrote:EEA1 belongs to EU national and is totally optional. In same envelope at same address EEA1 and EEA2 can be sent and EEA1 is usually be processed earlier than EEA2, therefore, it can tell the result of eea2 application earlier too.
Thank you for the fast response. To which address shall we send the same envelope? The address of EEA1 or the EEA2 address?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Both are being processed at same place and therefore just send both to EEA2 address.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

casper_aks
Newly Registered

Post by casper_aks » Thu May 30, 2013 2:36 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Both are being processed at same place and therefore just send both to EEA2 address.
Thank u very much, this is very useful