ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent.....can i be an employee of my own company...

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

my_friend

urgent.....can i be an employee of my own company...

Post by my_friend » Thu May 30, 2013 2:57 am

hello..

after reading a few posts i am a bit confused about how the director being paid...

i have registered a company and i am a director of my company...
i have setup myself on a payroll of my company and pay myself as a payee from my company....now this is like being an employee of my own company...

is this allowed?...coz i have seen post which says that u cannot be an employee on T1 visa to a company...but being a director can i be an employee of my own company....

please do share ur views...thanks

G M

Post by G M » Thu May 30, 2013 3:55 am

please take money out as dividends and not salary under t1 entrepreneur visa....

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Thu May 30, 2013 4:59 am

G M wrote:please take money out as dividends and not salary under t1 entrepreneur visa....

and how do i pay national insurance then...can i be self employed and bill my own company...

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Thu May 30, 2013 5:07 am

G M wrote:please take money out as dividends and not salary under t1 entrepreneur visa....
i have been taking out money as salary since 2 months...what should i do now...now i am confused and worried...i thought i could be on payroll being a director of my own company...

how do i pay NI contributions...coz i think u dont pay NI contributions on dividends...

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Thu May 30, 2013 5:37 am

You can be on payroll of your company.
You can pay yourself salary.
However the investment of 200K will not include any remuneration which you paid to yourself. Basically you can not show salary to yourself as part of 200K business investment.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

KickAss
Member of Standing

Re: urgent.....can i be an employee of my own company...

Post by KickAss » Thu May 30, 2013 8:32 am

my_friend wrote:hello..

after reading a few posts i am a bit confused about how the director being paid...

i have setup myself on a payroll of my company and pay myself as a payee from my company....now this is like being an employee of my own company...

is this allowed?...coz i have seen post which says that u cannot be an employee on T1 visa to a company...but being a director can i be an employee of my own company....

You are the Director of your company and you can be employee as well. In fact, if you are T1E PSW applicant it makes more sense as the core services provided must be nfqL4 or above and as an employee you will be providing those services through your company.

Make sure you pay all your NI and tax for you as an employee
+
Your corp tax and VAT etc as a director.

As mentioned already, you cannot count this money as your investment in company.

rahulsingh1

Re: urgent.....can i be an employee of my own company...

Post by rahulsingh1 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:31 am

'work restricted to own business'

this means that you can only work for your own business. or in simple words, be employed by your own business.

my_friend wrote:hello..

my_friend

Post by my_friend » Thu May 30, 2013 1:14 pm

thank u all for ur reply...now i am a bit relieved....thanks for clarifying my confusion...

bless u all