ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa expires in 10 days - urgent please - switching tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

patelmilanb1

Visa expires in 10 days - urgent please - switching tier 2

Post by patelmilanb1 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:09 pm

I am currently on Tier 1 General switching to Tier 2 General with in-county application. My current leave is expiring in 10 days -- so this is quite urgent as i am very tensed.

My employer has issued me COS today. my questions are following.
1) In COS it says sponsor certifies maintenance for migrant: YES
--> in some IB post i have seen that if migrant is living in country for more than 12 months, UKBA will disregard this statement and look for maintenance funds from migrant (i.e. i need to show fulfill maintenance requirement) is this true?

2) In COS it says my job start date is 15/06/2013
--> I am currently employed in the same company for more than 11 months now. my visa expires on 14/05/2013. How can job starts date is 1 day after my visa expires. is that something i need to worry about?

3) In COS it says weekly working hours: 40
--> following link says SOC codes are based on 39 hours, do i need to worry? OK My sponsor has added a note on COS saying that actual work hours are 37.5 and they made a mistake and states 40 hours.

My salary is higher then the salary mentioned in the SOC codes, is that alright? http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... tnov11.pdf

4) Got a letter from company saying that it will accommodate me and my dependent if necessary. my wife is also with me in UK for more than 12 months. Do i still need to show maintenance funds for my dependent?

5) my company has advertised jobs for more than 1 months in the following websites.
--> Totaljobs.com from: 11/04/2013 to 12/05/2013
--> Direct.go.uk from 11/04/2013 to 10/06/2013

Is this satisfy RLMT rules?

6) In COS it says job title: E-commerce Web Developer: SOC Code: 2137
Is this job title correct as per SOC specification.
SOC Link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orkers.pdf

Please help me as i need to make sure everything before i make application to UKBA.

thanks for your time and help
Last edited by patelmilanb1 on Thu May 30, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vrk

Post by vrk » Thu May 30, 2013 1:31 pm

I can answer 2).

You dont need to worry about the start date. Even if your visa expires and if you have made ur application before it expired you can still continue to work as the same rules are applied as ur current visa until the decision is made on ur application.