ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Salary Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indian_in_uk

HSMP Salary Question

Post by indian_in_uk » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:27 am

HI All,

A friend of mine is planning to apply for HSMP, he is working in the UK for last one year and is earning around £1800 (net), he is through an Indian company and is not paying any taxes here (but he is paying NI), his WP says his salary is £30,000 per annum. He is getting his indian salary in India.

He needs salary points to qualify. so how can he add his Indian salary with his UK salary? I mean what documents does he need to support this evidence? Also, can he say he is earning £1800 * 12 = £21600 net salary = around £30000 Gross?

Has anyone done something like above?
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

bob30
Newly Registered

Post by bob30 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:52 pm

approximations (for gross) are not accepted by HSMP team.
this is a common problem with indian software professionals on onsite assignments. since no tax is paid in UK/India for the earnings in the UK, this case is complicated.
but if the candidate can get a certificate for the gross income from the company, it will solve the problem. But i am afraid, the indian employers wouldnt agree to issue such a certificate.