ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Questions - Odd Situation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prezident44
Newly Registered

UK Spouse Visa Questions - Odd Situation

Post by prezident44 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi

I have posted here before but my situation has changed and I really need some advice.

I lived in Brazil, fell in love with my now wife and in 2009 our son was born. In 2011 we decided that we wanted to make a go of living in the UK. i moved back on my own in April 2011 and started working. My wife was 20 at the time and we had to wait for her to turn 21, then the rules changed back to 18 min age for spouse visa but our plans were already set in motion so my wife and son came and stayed with me for 6 months on a tourist visa, in this time we got married and they returned to Brazil end of June 2012.

I then lost my job and flat so we had to stop preparing for the spouse visa. I've now got a job earning more than the required £18,600 per year but it only started 18/03/13. I checked my P60 and last tax year I only earnt £18,100.

So I need some help on following:

-Now that I have the job but didn't earn enough over the last year do I need to wait 6 months (until end of September) before applying?

-Whenever I have sent documents to my wife before they have taken 3 to 4 weeks to arrive, will these then be considered out of date for the visa by the time they arrive? What else could I do?

-Can anyone else like my Mum sponsor the visa?

-We haven't seen each other since June 2012 and now may go on until September 2013, we have skype, msn and Facebook logs will these be enough or do I need to visit her before applying? - I haven't really got the money to do so!

-While I was out of work I got into dept and my bank account statements do not make good reading, will this need to be stabilised for the next 6 months as well in order to not get rejected?

Thanks so much for your help, I'm really lost at the moment!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse Visa Questions - Odd Situation

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 1:44 pm

prezident44 wrote:Hi

I have posted here before but my situation has changed and I really need some advice.

I lived in Brazil, fell in love with my now wife and in 2009 our son was born. In 2011 we decided that we wanted to make a go of living in the UK. i moved back on my own in April 2011 and started working. My wife was 20 at the time and we had to wait for her to turn 21, then the rules changed back to 18 min age for spouse visa but our plans were already set in motion so my wife and son came and stayed with me for 6 months on a tourist visa, in this time we got married and they returned to Brazil end of June 2012.

I then lost my job and flat so we had to stop preparing for the spouse visa. I've now got a job earning more than the required £18,600 per year but it only started 18/03/13. I checked my P60 and last tax year I only earnt £18,100.

-Now that I have the job but didn't earn enough over the last year do I need to wait 6 months (until end of September) before applying?

-Whenever I have sent documents to my wife before they have taken 3 to 4 weeks to arrive, will these then be considered out of date for the visa by the time they arrive? What else could I do?

-We haven't seen each other since June 2012 and now may go on until September 2013, we have skype, msn and Facebook logs will these be enough or do I need to visit her before applying? - I haven't really got the money to do so!

-While I was out of work I got into dept and my bank account statements do not make good reading, will this need to be stabilised for the next 6 months as well in order to not get rejected?

Thanks so much for your help, I'm really lost at the moment!
Over the last 12 months how much have you earned gross? 3rd parties cannot sponsor your partner.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

prezident44
Newly Registered

Post by prezident44 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi

My P60 says £18,100, should I check back all my payslips as well? i will try this tonight.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 3:09 pm

prezident44 wrote:Hi

My P60 says £18,100, should I check back all my payslips as well? i will try this tonight.

Thanks
Yes check the last 12 months gross income.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Fri May 31, 2013 5:15 pm

Dw. If u r earning equal or more then 18600 with same employer.

Then your p60 doesnt have to be exact.

This would be category A. 6 months bank statements n payslips..

ECO would not consider 12month gross if u r applying with category A.

But if u have two jobs meeeing threshold. Then need full 12 months docs.
Nasro MinAllah hee wa fatahun qareeb

Applied : 16/05/2013
Visa stamp : 04/09/2013 , in Islamabad
RFC & Collected : 05/09/2013.. Visa Granted

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri May 31, 2013 5:18 pm

abidabzhussain wrote:Dw. If u r earning equal or more then 18600 with same employer.

Then your p60 doesnt have to be exact.

This would be category A. 6 months bank statements n payslips..

ECO would not consider 12month gross if u r applying with category A.

But if u have two jobs meeeing threshold. Then need full 12 months docs.
The sponsor has not been working for the employer for 6+ months so cannot apply Cat A thus must meet the requirements under Cat B or other or combination.

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Fri May 31, 2013 5:25 pm

Oh i see..

Then u r rite..

Either wait for 6 months with same employer

Or apply under B category
Nasro MinAllah hee wa fatahun qareeb

Applied : 16/05/2013
Visa stamp : 04/09/2013 , in Islamabad
RFC & Collected : 05/09/2013.. Visa Granted

azo

Post by azo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:16 pm

The income has been answer so I answer the other parts.

If you are in the UK, then you can use parcel force global express, you can either you stuff off at a depot or book a time for them to come and pick it up. I sent stuff from UK to China and it took like 4 days. Normal post is like 2-3 weeks. Bank statements more than 28 days old and you will need orignal ones, you can order bank statements up to date(I hear) are considered invalid.

No, your wife is only directly related to you. Promises of help by a third party (cash wise) do not account for anything. However, I did read they can give you a gift of money however, it has to have been in your bank account for at least 6 months and under your control.

Print outs of msn chat, emails. Also telephone bills of chats between each other will go something as being in contract with each other. Also telephone bills showing that you phone her will help Make a point of phoning her like every weekend or every other weekend. Also keep hold of any boarding passes to Brazil, also photos of you two togther, the weddings would help.

If they are in the red when it maybe problematic. It would be a good idea you have some kind of prove saying that you has a planned overdraft. If you go down the 6 month route then I don't think there is any need to show bank statements before this.

prezident44
Newly Registered

Post by prezident44 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:26 pm

So it sounds like I could apply via cat B but with my bank accounts not looking great my best bet is to wait until I have been in my job for 6 months, my previouse payslips from my employment agency are rubbish black and white printouts but having spoken to them there is nothing else that they will provide and they wont authenticate them so cat B really sounds like a no go for those 2 reasons.

As I was born in London to British parents am I right in saying my son is automatically British and there for I do not need to sponsor him at the higher threshold as well?

Thanks for your answer everyone :)

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:26 pm

That is really unfortunate that your agency is not willing to verify your payslips. Although it will be tough to remain seperated further, it might be worth just hanging on and collating 6 payslips in your current job.

Yes, your son is British so you don't need to sponsor him. Does he have a passport? If not, perhaps another reason to hang on until the 6 month mark to get one sorted for him.

prezident44
Newly Registered

Post by prezident44 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:24 pm

SoHopeful wrote:That is really unfortunate that your agency is not willing to verify your payslips. Although it will be tough to remain seperated further, it might be worth just hanging on and collating 6 payslips in your current job.

Yes, your son is British so you don't need to sponsor him. Does he have a passport? If not, perhaps another reason to hang on until the 6 month mark to get one sorted for him.
Thanks for your reply SoHopeful, having discussed with my wife again last night we have decided to wait the 6 months, get the bank account in order and get a British passport for my son.

In the meantime my wife and son will come to the UK for a month, I know that immigration may not be happy with her coming on a tourist visa but I'm hoping that if I write a letter explaining that I was out of work and do not meet visa requirements yet and get my Mum to write another letting stating her desire to see her daughter in law and Grandson that she should be let through - at any rate if I'm waiting at the airport immigration can give me a call to verify (wife doesn't speak good english) and I think it's unlikely they would turn them away especially as my son has a right to enter but can't without his mother?

prezident44
Newly Registered

Post by prezident44 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi

Another thing - I get paid 4 weekly so 13 times in one year but I heard they take the lowest payslip of the 6 months and times by 12 but as mine is over 13 months it wouldn't show the needed amount over 12, if I send my work contract aswell, will that be ok?

Thanks

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Do you get a salary aka fixed wage, or do you get paid according to the hours worked?

That minimum of 6 months thing is only relevant if you get a salary aka fixed wage and applying under cat A.

If you are applying under cat B, then the gross of 12 months that matters, not any minimum or maximum.

prezident44
Newly Registered

Post by prezident44 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Do you get a salary aka fixed wage, or do you get paid according to the hours worked?

That minimum of 6 months thing is only relevant if you get a salary aka fixed wage and applying under cat A.

If you are applying under cat B, then the gross of 12 months that matters, not any minimum or maximum.
Hi

Until 18/03/13 I was paid weekly on an hourly rate, my payslips were simple black and white print outs and the angecy offers no authentication service for them so I think they will probably be rejected as prrof and my P60 for the last year say £18,100 as I was out of work for a while. This leaves cat A option for applying but under cat A I know they take your lowest payslip and multiply by 12 but as I am paid 4 weekly I am paid 13 times in 1 year and therefore via cat A I don't think it will count either!

My contract with work states that I ear £21,000 per year so wondering whether I send this as well if they will accept?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:07 pm

If you non-salaried then you just have to total six months wage slips. In this case they do not count the minimum for every month. People who get paid according to the hours worked are non-salaried. So you just add all the wage slips of 6 months, divide by 6, and then multiply by 12.

Six months wage slips could be 6 wageslips, or 12 wage slips, or 24 wage slips or 200 wage slips. All the wage slips issued in 6 months period are to be added together.

prezident44
Newly Registered

Post by prezident44 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:24 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:If you non-salaried then you just have to total six months wage slips. In this case they do not count the minimum for every month. People who get paid according to the hours worked are non-salaried. So you just add all the wage slips of 6 months, divide by 6, and then multiply by 12.

Six months wage slips could be 6 wageslips, or 12 wage slips, or 24 wage slips or 200 wage slips. All the wage slips issued in 6 months period are to be added together.
I'm saying I am salaried but only since 18/03/13, £21,000 per annum but paid 4 weekly not monthly..

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:41 pm

OK, so now may I ask, what exactly is your query?

Rather than writing a comprehension, can you put down what you want to ask in clear terms?

Do you now get a fixed weekly or bi weekly or 4 weekly or yearly salary?

prezident44
Newly Registered

Post by prezident44 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:13 pm

I'm not sure how much clearer I can make it but here goes:

As I will be applying via category A once I have been in my job 6 months, will it be an issue that my payslips are 4 weekly not monthly?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:21 pm

And I have already clearly said that you can have 6 wages lips or 12 or 24 or 48 or 200 wage slips, it doesn't make a difference, as long as they cover 6 months period.