ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI - few urgent doubts

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

destiniation_london

OCI - few urgent doubts

Post by destiniation_london » Fri May 31, 2013 2:59 pm

Need opinion guys -

if I apply for OCI and then in the meantime If I need to urgently travel to India just in case, would I be able to get myself Visitor visa. If yes., then would VFS accept copy of Surrender certificate as the original would have been submitted to HCI.

I was thinking of taking snaps from Boots Photo booth for OCI , they do say 50 X 50 mm. I know the HCI says specifically 51 X 51 mm ... would it matter, has anyone applied with the 50 X 50 mm photos taken from Boots or any other booth.

Also, it looks like the HCI has revamped their OCI registration website and we no longer need to fill Part B by hand - is that correct?

I assume the fees has remained the same - £175

Many thanks for any replies and guidance .

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: OCI - few urgent doubts

Post by ric1982 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:37 pm

Why do you need to submit surrender certi. for visitor visa for India?!!!
Its required to get OCI and they will take the original. They are two different things.

For photos if you are in Birmingham then go to the post office near the IHC. The guy is very knowledgeable and helpful. otherwise contact a photo studio and ask if they can do Indian visa/passport photos or not.

Not sure about Part B, but could be true.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Fri May 31, 2013 3:59 pm

ric1982 wrote:Why do you need to submit surrender certi. for visitor visa for India?!!!
Its required to get OCI and they will take the original. They are two different things.
If you were of Indian origin before your acquired foreign nationality, you need to submit surrender certificate even for Tourist visa

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri May 31, 2013 5:54 pm

destiniation_london wrote:
Also, it looks like the HCI has revamped their OCI registration website and we no longer need to fill Part B by hand - is that correct?
That's collect. All you need to do is sign the form.

eashkuma4
India

Visa

Post by eashkuma4 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:16 am

You don't need Original Surrender Certificate for Visa, it is just a copy. Please check VFS Site they have clearly mentioned not to send any Originals unless asked for them

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:18 am

destiniation_london wrote:
I was thinking of taking snaps from Boots Photo booth for OCI , they do say 50 X 50 mm. I know the HCI says specifically 51 X 51 mm ... would it matter, has anyone applied with the 50 X 50 mm photos taken from Boots or any other booth.
Has anyone tried this, would it be fine