ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year ILR RULE & Depedant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kunal parikh

10 year ILR RULE & Depedant

Post by kunal parikh » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi Guys

I am currently on Tier 1 General which expires on 24 April 2015. I am now elligible for ILR as per 10 year rule in July 2013. I am really thinking to go for this route as dont want to wait that longer.

My wife has been on depedant tier 1 visa since Oct 2010. She has stayed in india from Dec 2011 till Sep 2012 because she was pregnant and could not travel with me to UK on medical grounds. We also have little son who is born in india.

My questions are as follows:

1) what documents I have to put to qualify for 10 year rule ILR? i guess just passport??

2) once I get my ILR what category my wife & son has to apply? can my wife straight away apply for ILR since she would have already completed 2 years in UK??? IS there any rule change after 6 April 2013 where depedant has to wait for 5 years on spouse visa before applying for ILR??? I have also heard if my wife switch to FLR M then also she can apply for SET on the very next once she is granted FLR M???

3) what about my son who is just 11 month old ? what category he has to apply?

I will appreciate your help and guidance.

Thanks
Kunal

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi

Any one can please advise?

thanks
Kunal

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:56 pm

kunal parikh wrote:Hi

Any one can please advise?

thanks
Kunal
See Dependant of ILR (long residence) applicant on PBS leave

And Completing application form SET(LR)

If your son aged 11 month old was born in the UK then once you are settled he is entitled to register as a British Citizen under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... /borninuk/

Please read the links
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

CKP

Re: 10 year ILR RULE & Depedant

Post by CKP » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:59 am

Hi Kunal,

Have you managed to apply for ILR based on 10 years long residency.

If you have than what is the result at the end. one more thing which documents have you sent with your application.

Thanks in advance.

Waiting for your reply.

Dr CKP

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:31 pm

hi

yes I have recently applied for ILR under 10 year rule. I have already submitted my bio metric but waiting now for any new updates..

thanks
Kunal

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:52 am

kunal parikh wrote:Hi Guys,

I have applied my ILR (10 year) and currently waiting for my approval.

I am in the process applying FLR (M) for my wife once they grant my ILR. She is currently on TIer 1 dependant since Oct 2010. Our child is also tier 1 dependant visa since June 2012. He was born in India.

Now my questions are:

1) I believe I have to fill in FLR (M) for my wife. What visa form is for my child since he was born in India? I have recently seen changes in the form. I dont know what is the purpose of FLR (FP) form?

2) My wife has got MBA from India. I can see her university on PBS calculator. Do we still have to get UK NARIC certificate for English language criteria?? Is the evidence of PBS calculator is enough to meet English Language criteria.

3) She is in UK Since Oct 2010. I believe she will be able to apply SET(M) once FLR(M) approves since she has already spent 2 years in UK. However, she was away to India from Nov 2011 to Sep 2012 for pregnancy.

Please advise.

Thanks
Kunal
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:54 am

1. Child should apply with Mother.

2. Yes that will suffice (a print out) for FLR(M), for SET(M) that will be needed in addition to LIUK.

3. Yes that is correct by virtue of rule 287(a)(i)(d) - absences for maternity should be ok.

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply:

Can you please advise:

My wife has got MBA from India. I can see her university on PBS calculator. Do we still have to get UK NARIC certificate for English language criteria?? Is the evidence of PBS calculator is enough to meet English Language criteria??

Please advise.

Thanks
Kunal

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:18 pm

Calculator is enough, a print out if 20+ points are awarded for qualification and 10 for English Skills.

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:20 pm

hey

thanks for your reply.

I was going through ukba website. can you please tell me where do you see that evidence from PBS calculator is enough to support english language proof??? its just that I have asked few of my friends and they said it is not written on website that this evidence of proof is offical on their guideline...

do you know if any of the people has used this as evidence for depedant which is accepted by UKBA??

please advise.

thanks
Kunal

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:43 pm

hi

Can you please advise?

Will appreciate your help and guidance.

Thanks
Kunal

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:53 pm

Hello
I think you shouldn't take PBS calculator as a definite thing because I've seen may posts saying that the degree shows on calculator bust doesn't show the points etc.

So I would advise to get NARIC certificate which cost only £52 approx and you'll have peace of mind, rather then get your application rejected just because of this....