ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MP Letter to speed up the application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NATIONALITY TEAM, HO CASEWORKER FOLLOW FIRST IN FIRST OUT PROCESS

YES
44%
NO
56%

Total votes: 9

teawithlemon

MP Letter to speed up the application

Post by teawithlemon » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:21 pm

Does anyone have any idea regarding MP letter, how to request a MP to write a letter to HO for speed up the process.

And please say yes no answer as well whether HO follow first in first out rules strictly or not ?

barnaby

Re: MP Letter to speed up the application

Post by barnaby » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:49 pm

teawithlemon wrote:Does anyone have any idea regarding MP letter, how to request a MP to write a letter to HO for speed up the process.
Just contact your MP (but don't bother until 6 months has elapsed).
teawithlemon wrote:And please say yes no answer as well whether HO follow first in first out rules strictly or not ?
No. They say "The extent and length of time taken ... varies according to the particular circumstance of each application." That's what the HO replied to our MP about my wife's application.

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:37 pm

barnaby wrote:
teawithlemon wrote:Does anyone have any idea regarding MP letter, how to request a MP to write a letter to HO for speed up the process.
teawithlemon wrote:And please say yes no answer as well whether HO follow first in first out rules strictly or not ?
No. They say "The extent and length of time taken ... varies according to the particular circumstance of each application." That's what the HO replied to our MP about my wife's application.
Yes can you imagine every applicant pay 874 pounds and they sent the documents back by 2nd class delivery without recorded. If someone wants secure delivery then applicant needs to enclosed special delivery self leveled envelope.

Otherwise instant of charging 874 they should charge applicant 900 pounds and should use effective communication to contact applicant. Like send documents back by special delivery and atleast should use 1st class recorded delivery so if they needed any further documents they should sent a simple email that they sending letter for further documents and also text message notification if they dont have enough resource. It is a question about their service efficiency as well. They should clearly understand the scenario that people in this category already settled, and majority of settled person has huge contribution to British society. We pay big amount of tax every month., council tax and many more. So atleast we deserve little more better service . Its a two way road or communication. And we pay for service since we are here, we get free NHS because we pay big contribution towards National Insurance. I know Brit citizenship is not an automatic right but all we expect little more better service from HO as a tax payer and in this modern era it is not critically difficult to send an update by sms or e-mail. But it seems to be they really doesnt want to improve their service effeciency.

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:00 pm

I don't think you constantly moaning about the HO's service in threads is going to do much to change anything to be honest. Just be patient. :)

Zorowah
Newly Registered

Post by Zorowah » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:13 pm

my friend stop moaning why the rush

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:29 pm

That is exactly why NCS is the best in terms of extra costs....you get to keep your original documents.

Nationality applications are generally dealt with quite efficiently, as many of here have experienced and a bit of patience goes a long way.

Why don't you apply for a job at the centre and then you can be the one to send out thousands of texts and emails to everyone who is waiting for updates on their applications.....unrealist??.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:54 pm

And please say yes no answer as well whether HO follow first in first out rules strictly or not ?
No one can speed up naturalisation process. MP can write 100 letters, and if its not been 6 months then they will get a standard reply.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:07 pm

teawithlemon wrote:
barnaby wrote:
Yes can you imagine every applicant pay 874 pounds and they sent the documents back by 2nd class delivery without recorded. If someone wants secure delivery then applicant needs to enclosed special delivery self leveled envelope.

Otherwise instant of charging 874 they should charge applicant 900 pounds and should use effective communication to contact applicant. Like send documents back by special delivery and atleast should use 1st class recorded delivery so if they needed any further documents they should sent a simple email that they sending letter for further documents and also text message notification if they dont have enough resource. It is a question about their service efficiency as well. They should clearly understand the scenario that people in this category already settled, and majority of settled person has huge contribution to British society. We pay big amount of tax every month., council tax and many more. So atleast we deserve little more better service . Its a two way road or communication. And we pay for service since we are here, we get free NHS because we pay big contribution towards National Insurance. I know Brit citizenship is not an automatic right but all we expect little more better service from HO as a tax payer and in this modern era it is not critically difficult to send an update by sms or e-mail. But it seems to be they really doesnt want to improve their service effeciency.
i think that u got a point there,sorry guys i don't think that he is moaning but rather saying the truth,if u pay that much money for an application which is £874 and u get a lovely service in return,i'm afraid this is not a way to go,not forgetting that as he mentioned as a tax payer u expect more value for money spent and the huge contribution u give to this country,not some incompetent HO personnel that don't give a shit..!!not all of them of course but most of them..!!and what i understood is that the OP is asking for some little consideration,that's all,i don't think he was asking for ho to lay the red carpet before him like a rubbish star..!!
i'll give u an example of the process of citizenship in other eu countries,in Belgium after the initial 5 years of residency u are eligible to apply for citizenship and the process of dealing with such an application differs from 6 to 8 month and then u get the citizenship..and guess what..its free..so i would imagine if i was to apply and it took that much time,lets say,8 months,i can't really complain because its FREE,u might pay just for an envelope and a small tax of 5-10 euros..but not if i pay £874..!!!so if u are not in that situation..u can't really complain , can u???
i understand your frustration and i'm with u 100%,so people,stop telling him to not moan,i think u are the ones who are moaning about him moaning,he was just stating facts.. ;-)
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
UK------++++-------****

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:31 pm

@ukforever

No one is saying that what teawithlemon is saying isn't true. Of course it's true. If you're paying so much money you'd expect a better service. But what I'm saying is there's no point of him just complaining about it in threads on here. That's not gonna change anything. Maybe he should write a letter to the HO and express his grievances to them. Then maybe (not likely) they will take what he's saying into consideration. Making numerous threads on here all basically saying the same points is not gonna do anything.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:31 pm

Yes, agree that the Home Office fees are exorbitant.

But nothing is going to change by discussing it here.

We should all raise this fees matter, and home office holding documents for months, in a serious way. Someone like HSMP forum LTd could play a role.

People have started petitions raising these issues, but immigrants just seem to be a lazy bunch. Very few people have bothered to sign these petitions. As long as their problems get solved, they are not bothered. We seriously need some collective action.

Here is a link to some petitions

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/search?q=UKBA

If other members have good credible ideas about how to put pressure on UKBA in a collective way, then please share. I think we need to take some practical steps. Maybe we could raise with home affairs select committee. Write to all the MPs, specially ministers. Write to lords. Send letters to T May, and downing street.

Astrid24
- thin ice -

Post by Astrid24 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:34 pm

^^^ exactly. I completely agree with what Ayyubi72 is saying.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Also, when people have real horror stories eg UKBA holding documents after the prescibed waiting time for application, and not even returning documents when requested to do so, then these issues could even be part of a big judicial review challenge to force UKBA to change its ways.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:46 pm

As far as NCS is concerned, it is a good service, but with many councils its just a shoddy example of council's cavalier attitude towards everything they do.

Some council are good, and they have few competent people to deal with naturalisation applications, and they can give appointments to applicant within a week.

Other councils can't be bothered, as they just have one or two people to deal with NCS.

My local council gives appointments for 5 weeks plus for NCS. The council of another town just 20 miles down usually have appointments available in a weeks time, because they have more people competent for NCS.

I think the best way would be, to outsource it to company like VFS, both for in country flr, ILR and also for naturalisation.

Applicants go to VAC, give their application form, VAC makes copies of all the supporting documents there and then and returns the originals.

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:As far as NCS is concerned, it is a good service, but with many councils its just a shoddy example of council's cavalier attitude towards everything they do.

Some council are good, and they have few competent people to deal with naturalisation applications, and they can give appointments to applicant within a week.

Other councils can't be bothered, as they just have one or two people to deal with NCS.

My local council gives appointments for 5 weeks plus for NCS. The council of another town just 20 miles down usually have appointments available in a weeks time, because they have more people competent for NCS.

I think the best way would be, to outsource it to company like VFS, both for in country flr, ILR and also for naturalisation.

Applicants go to VAC, give their application form, VAC makes copies of all the supporting documents there and then and returns the originals.
Dear Readers, honestly I was not moaning. And with due respect on HO all I have shared is according to me HO should consider to improve their service standard. I didnt raisec question about their good or bad service. All I mean is if they use more modern technology like sms update, it means if they integrated additional technology then it will be much easier for applicant and their good service level will increase to best level or a better level. And rules is rules and thats why I enclosed special delivery envelopes with my application. And it is not so unknown scenario as some people waited years due to HO backlog cases. I also agree HO improving service level day by day but yet so instant of sending documents back by 2nd class they can consider to send 2nd class recorded delivery. Instant of saying 6 months they can assign a website where people will able to see application is under consideration or document requested abc date. By doing all these it would improved their service efficiency from good to best. Instant of made applicant waited years surely they could have make decission in 6 months time. I think some people they came here as a spouse of a settled person or British citizen and in whole process all they have done is apply for ILR 1st application since they granted entry clearence. So to be honest those people wont understand the story of someone who had to extent visa 10 times before ILR. One who go to 5 miles far away by a car on a jam free road they sometimes doesnt understand how it is to go to the same destination in a rainy day by walk without umbrella. So for surely I wasnt moaning at all. Hope all you get your success.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:56 pm

I wholeheartedly agree.

What I was trying to put across is, no matter how much trouble immigrants go through, no one is bothered, and no one will be bothered unless we make our voices heard.

HO changed HSMP rules in past which were not fair, some people took the stand and challenged them and eventually got victory.

If we seriously want some changes, then we will have to fight. Just discussing and a "fight" here in forum is of no use whatsover.

As I said earlier, most immigrants are a lazy and selfish bunch. They don't care if the system is improved or not, as long as they get what they want. We hear rants and moans on these forums regularly. But when taking some real steps is involved, no one is bothered. Below is a list of relevant online petitions and number of people who have signed them.

UKBA should return urgent documents immediately 46

UKBA - Demanding Better Service For Visa Applicants 324

UKBA - Stop manual paper applications, go electronic go green 4

Stop playing politics with international students View 1,004

Increased fee for immigration applications should be stopped 7

Looking at the number of people who have signed these petition proves what I am saying. Nothing will ever change if immigrants have the same selfish and lazy attitude.

Now lets examine how proactive cyclists are

There is a petition " Promote cycling by implementing the recommendations in the 'Get Britain Cycling' report". This petition has been signed by over 65000 people and growing.
Last edited by Ayyubi72 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:I wholeheartedly agree.

What I was trying to put across is, no matter how much trouble us immigrants go through, no one is bothered, and no one will be bothered unless we make our voices heard.

HO changed HSMP rules in past which were not fair, some people took the stand and challenged them and eventually got victory.

If we seriously want some changes, then we will have to fight. Just discussing and a "fight" here in forum is of no use whatsover.

As I said earlier, most immigrants are a lazy and selfish bunch. They don't care if the system is improved or not, as long as they get what they want. We hear rants and moans on these forums regularly. But when taking some real steps is involved, no one is bothered. Below is a list of relevant online petitions and number of people who have signed them.

UKBA should return urgent documents immediately 46

UKBA - Demanding Better Service For Visa Applicants 324

UKBA - Stop manual paper applications, go electronic go green 4

Stop playing politics with international students View 1,004

Increased fee for immigration applications should be stopped 7

Looking at the number of people who have signed these petition proves what I am saying. Nothing will ever change if immigrants have the same selfish and lazy attitude.

Now lets examine how proactive cyclists are

There is a petition " Promote cycling by implementing the recommendations in the 'Get Britain Cycling' report". This petition has been signed by over 65000 people and growing.
I agree with you. And you are absolutely right as people are more cared about individual interest. I hope HO improved their service level and other countries in the world take it as an example. Like UK introduced point based system and the example was probably adopted from Canada or Australia. But as those country is very big and they need more people but UK needs to reduced net migration because its not a big country and all those so called political party created the message across the country immigrant means benefit sicker but recent statistics said ratio of the benefits seeking is much less in immigrant. And immigrant has huge contribition in British society.