ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for set (m) using April 2013 forms under "old&quo

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ggc
Newly Registered

Apply for set (m) using April 2013 forms under "old&quo

Post by ggc » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:16 pm

Dear all,

I am a British citizen married to a non-EEA national for almost 2 years now.
She received her spouse visa via FLR(m) in July 2011.

We are about to fill in the new set (m) forms issued in April 2013 in preparation for our visit to the same-day premium service. The new forms seem much more complex than the old ones (from memory). In particular, it has many more questions in regards to finances and a more stringent list of supporting document requirements.

Am I correct to assume that we should fill in the current April 2013 set (m) form as good as we can, but not worry too much about all the fields as my spouse's application will be decided under the old rules?

For example, she is not in employment but has never used any public funds as she received funds from her parents. We can demonstrate this via last 3 months of bank statement. I for myself am self-emploeyed, I cannot supply pay slips only 3 months of bank statement showing a decent amount of income.

Am I getting too paranoid about the new forms? Can I rest assured that whilst we need to use the new April 2013 forms, we will definitely be looked under the old rules, in particular in relation to funds and supporting evidence?

Many thanks in advance for your valued support!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Apply for set (m) using April 2013 forms under "old

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:35 pm

ggc wrote:Dear all,

I am a British citizen married to a non-EEA national for almost 2 years now.
She received her spouse visa via FLR(m) in July 2011.

We are about to fill in the new set (m) forms issued in April 2013 in preparation for our visit to the same-day premium service. The new forms seem much more complex than the old ones (from memory). In particular, it has many more questions in regards to finances and a more stringent list of supporting document requirements.

Am I correct to assume that we should fill in the current April 2013 set (m) form as good as we can, but not worry too much about all the fields as my spouse's application will be decided under the old rules?

For example, she is not in employment but has never used any public funds as she received funds from her parents. We can demonstrate this via last 3 months of bank statement. I for myself am self-emploeyed, I cannot supply pay slips only 3 months of bank statement showing a decent amount of income.

Am I getting too paranoid about the new forms? Can I rest assured that whilst we need to use the new April 2013 forms, we will definitely be looked under the old rules, in particular in relation to funds and supporting evidence?

Many thanks in advance for your valued support!
Yes you're under the old rules as is the form. You just need to be able to adequately maintain yourself without recourse to public funds. You should have registered as self-employed with HMRC and have a self-assessment tax submission? You should include this information with your last 3 months bank statements and fill in the set(m) form thoroughly.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.