ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help!!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vs22
Newly Registered

Please Help!!!!

Post by vs22 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi Experts,

I have a tricky situation.

I have been outside the UK for 220 days and have exceeded my permitted 180 days.
I can get a letter from my current employer stating i was eligible for 75 days of paid leave during the last 3 years.
However i cannot get any letter from my previous employer.

Will i be alright to apply for ILR as if we reduce 75 days (paid leave) from 220, that gives me 145 days outside uk.

Will i be fine?

Please let me know.

Many thanks,

vs

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Please Help!!!!

Post by Amber » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:55 pm

vs22 wrote:Hi Experts,

I have a tricky situation.

I have been outside the UK for 220 days and have exceeded my permitted 180 days.
I can get a letter from my current employer stating i was eligible for 75 days of paid leave during the last 3 years.
However i cannot get any letter from my previous employer.

Will i be alright to apply for ILR as if we reduce 75 days (paid leave) from 220, that gives me 145 days outside uk.

Will i be fine?

Please let me know.

Many thanks,

vs
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary at pages 19-21 and importantly pages 27-28.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vs22
Newly Registered

Post by vs22 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:11 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply!

To provide more information. I am on Tier 1 visa.

And in the first 2 years i didn't not have any permanent job and was mostly temping.

Hence i used to go to india very often, however i have not stayed outside UK for 180 days in any single year, but more than 180 days (220 days) in total of 5 years.

Will i be fine to apply for ILR? considering i can get the letter from current employer for 75 days as paid leave.

please let me know.

vs

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:39 am

vs22 wrote:Hi,

Many thanks for your reply!

To provide more information. I am on Tier 1 visa.

And in the first 2 years i didn't not have any permanent job and was mostly temping.

Hence i used to go to india very often, however i have not stayed outside UK for 180 days in any single year, but more than 180 days (220 days) in total of 5 years.

Will i be fine to apply for ILR? considering i can get the letter from current employer for 75 days as paid leave.

please let me know.

vs
Then you did not exceed the 180 day in 12 months!. However, as the absence was not job related, for what other compelling reason were you absent? You may not be asked what the absences are for, but if you are just make sure you have a reason lined up...... Family situation etc.....
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sujyo

Did u apply

Post by sujyo » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Did you apply for this and whats the result.

vs22
Newly Registered

Post by vs22 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:03 am

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply D4109125!! Much appreciated!

@sujyo No i have not yet applied, will be doing so around year end! Just doing some home work... will keep you posted once i do.

Regards,

V

ps: This forum is brilliant!

sujyo

hi

Post by sujyo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:34 am

Dont worry I will be applying before you in spetember with similar situation

vs22
Newly Registered

Knowledge of Language Requirement

Post by vs22 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:43 am

Hi All,

Please can anyone let me know as to what i need to do to prove the Knowledge of Language condition for ILR. As i read that if you have a degree taught in english you don't need to prove this again.

I did my bachelors degree from India (the degree was there in the points calculator) and I also have a degree + a certificate from university which states I was taught in English. I had submitted this certificate during my application for Tier 1 to prove i have a degree taught in English.

Not sure if i need to do get any more documentation or should i submit the same certificate for ILR and should be fine?

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Regards,

V