ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certficate of sponsor for PSW Candidates

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drdevil47
Newly Registered

Certficate of sponsor for PSW Candidates

Post by drdevil47 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:51 am

Hi, I am working as Production scientist in a medical supplies company, I am on PSW due to expire in February 2014, my issue is I cannot see any relevant occupation codes in the shortage occupation list, will my employers still be able to grant me a COS ??[/b]

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:51 am

the job doesn't have to be on the shortage occupation list.
Search for a suitable SOC code in the NQF level 6 category here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orkers.pdf

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi everyone,

Would be really grateful if someone could advice on the following:

I am currently applying for my Tier 2 (switching from PSW). I have already sent my application without CoS as my visa was due to expire and my sponsor had not yet been granted a license. I explained the situation in a cover letter as it was advised by UKBA.

Now my sponsor have got their license, and applied for a CoS for me. UKBA got back to us saying that they need additional information such as;
- full job description with minimum skill and qualification requirements (this we can provide)
- copy of my contract with my employer (this also can be done)
- copies of all advertising undertaken to recruit for the above role - now this is the main issue..

I had been working for my employer for 3 months before I had to apply for the new visa, so obviously the advert I got hired through expired long time ago. Also, this was an advert on LinkedIn, and at that point my company was expanding and hiring a lot of new personnel - both senior and junior, so even if we can recover the text of the ad, the advert was quite vague - saying that we are looking for people with different experience levels etc. etc. So from what I could remember, the advert did not mentioned any specifics of the role I got eventually hired for.

What do you think we can do in this case? The UKBA said they would not consider the application for the CoS until we provide the missing information...

Thanks a lot in advance!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:36 pm

what you describe sounds rather strange.

Once a sponsor obtains the licence, and provided they have an allocation of unrestrcted CoSs, they log into the SMS and just assiogn a CoS to the migrant. If they didn't apply for an allocation of CoSs when they applied for the licence they need to apply for an increase of allocation from zero to at least 1 first.

since you already applied without having a CoS read the story of gameover_786 (first 6 pages only) :
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:05 pm

manci wrote:what you describe sounds rather strange.

Once a sponsor obtains the licence, and provided they have an allocation of unrestrcted CoSs, they log into the SMS and just assiogn a CoS to the migrant. If they didn't apply for an allocation of CoSs when they applied for the licence they need to apply for an increase of allocation from zero to at least 1 first.

since you already applied without having a CoS read the story of gameover_786 (first 6 pages only) :
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0
Hi manci, thanks for your comment.

My company has the license, but I am not sure for the unrestricted CoS allocation. I thought the right to allocate unrestricted CoS is grated to them automatically with the approval of the license, or is it wrong? If they need to apply for an allocation of unrestricted CoS, do you know how they apply for one?

Yea, thanks, I read the gameover_786 thread, and this is why I am applying :)

Thanks!

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Quick question straightaway - how long do you think it might take to get unrestricted CoS allocated?

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Sorry, I think I just found the answer :oops:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... dbc5366983