ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement of Spouse w/ British child.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

classicminichelsea
Newly Registered

Settlement of Spouse w/ British child.

Post by classicminichelsea » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:15 am

Hello all!

I am having a discussion with a girl in similar circumstances to mine with the exception that I earn over the minimum threshold.

We are both married to non-eea nationals and both a child with them.
She is under the impression that the child will help influence the UKBA to approve a visa. I believe this not to be the case unfortunately, however if you have supplied the adequate documents correctly along with the minimum threshold then possibly you are only less likely to be refused as opposed to those who do not have a child.
I think it states on the UKBA website that regardless whether you have a child, if there isn't sufficient evidence of parental responsibility and effort then they wouldn't care and would refuse the applicant anyway.

Can anybody confirm this, or share knowledge?

Also, I have two more questions.
1. I am aware of all the documents required, plus additional bonus material that can be cross-referenced to strengthen your evidence but the two things I am uncertain about are whether you need to copy everything and provide a copied duplicate and also with regards to my passport, must it be certified by a solicitor?
2. How recent must documents be? For example: work provide leter headed documents, and stamped payslips etc to prove everything is authentic. Must this all be dated within 28 days prior to application admittance? Or could you have all the documents gathered 2 months prior (excluding ongoing documents such as phone bills, skype, and bank statements)

A response would be grately appreciated.

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:04 am

See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... lement.pdf for documents

Your 'friend' should consider the EEA (Singh) route to bring her husband here as relying on family life stay is not easy and would take 10 years to become settled as opposed to 5 years under domestic and EU law spouse law.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.