ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

satya123
Newly Registered

need help

Post by satya123 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:16 pm

I have been offered a job in UK by a big company. They mentioned that my offered is subjected to work permit being approved by UK embassy.

I am wondering how difficult it is to get the wok permit. I am PhD and have 7 yrs experience in my field.

Please let me how easy it is get work permit and visa for my family.

godistrue

Re: need help

Post by godistrue » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:17 am

satya123 wrote:I have been offered a job in UK by a big company. They mentioned that my offered is subjected to work permit being approved by UK embassy.

I am wondering how difficult it is to get the wok permit. I am PhD and have 7 yrs experience in my field.

Please let me how easy it is get work permit and visa for my family.
Its easy if the company who offered the job must have a Tier 2 sponsor license. And also, the job must satisfy Resident Labour Market Test. You have lots of experience. so, it would be easy if your company have tier2 license

satya123
Newly Registered

difference between COS and resident market labor test

Post by satya123 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Dear All,

Can anybody let me know what is the difference between COS and resident market labor test.

My company in Uk wuld like to sponsor me COS. I would like to know whether I have to undergo resident market labor test.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

mjm9691

Post by mjm9691 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Check on ukba website whether your job post is on the shortage of occupation list. If it is, ask your sponsor to issue you the cos and give them the SOC code for your job description, they have changed from April 2013, also ask your employer to put 3 years work start and end dates as it is the maximum for the time being. Otherwise your sponsor has to advertise your job (rmlt). Make sure to use this cos within 3 months as it expires.