ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question about supporting documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Skydive
Newly Registered

question about supporting documents

Post by Skydive » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:13 pm

When submitting supporting documents for a spouse visa:

Can 6 month bank statements be printed off of my online banking (where it will say Duplicate across the page) or must they be Originals?

Also with regards to actual documents I have to give my spouse when she goes to submit the application, do my original documents get submitted or are they all photocopies that get submitted?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: question about supporting documents

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Skydive wrote:When submitting supporting documents for a spouse visa:

Can 6 month bank statements be printed off of my online banking (where it will say Duplicate across the page) or must they be Originals?

Also with regards to actual documents I have to give my spouse when she goes to submit the application, do my original documents get submitted or are they all photocopies that get submitted?

Thanks
Is the bank account a purely online bank account?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Skydive
Newly Registered

Post by Skydive » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:01 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Skydive wrote:When submitting supporting documents for a spouse visa:

Thanks
Is the bank account a purely online bank account?
No its not purely online, in fact I got a statement in the post today but just that I wont have 6 months worth of original posted statements so my only way of getting them is by printing off duplicates online or in branch which read duplicate

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:01 pm

If you can get the bank to verify every single page and additional letter to confirm, then fine. But otherwise, I would request statements covering the last 6 months transactions to be on the safe side (which I think they charge for!)

azo

Post by azo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:39 pm

[quote="Skydive"]When submitting supporting documents for a spouse visa:

Thanks[/quote]

They have to bear the bank stamp or a letter, on official headed paper, detailing that they are true.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ndix-fmse/

Paragraph 1 (a)(2)

"2) electronic bank statements from an online account (defined as one that operates solely over the internet and sends bank statements to its customers electronically) which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page."

Depending on which bank you may have some troubles, I'm with Lloyd bank and it took me several trips I can't say how things will go with your bank. It is VERY unlikely that will issue you a a letter, and the desk clerk is often under orders not to stamp any paperwork, and you may have to call the manager and explain to him why. It helped me when I took a copy of the rules of the immigration down.

However, with 6 months pages worth they may kick up a stink, you can try via you banking helpline order 6 months backdated, to a set date for which they may charge you or if your paperless you can point this out and may even get free copies. However, it takes about 7-10 working days for them to reach you by post.