ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed on Spouse visa appeal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gali1982
Newly Registered

Advice needed on Spouse visa appeal

Post by gali1982 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:47 pm

So My husbands Spouse visa got refused for not submitting his english test certificate with the application.

This was the only reason for refusal, The exams were done well before the date of submission of application however due to some unforseen delay by city & guilds the certificates never arrived pre 9th July but we had to submit before 9th July due to the new requirements.

Now the issue is we appealed in January and a deadline of june 2013 was given to the BHC islamabad, they recently emailed me asking for me to email them a valid english test report which i did on the same day however the deadline given has now passed and they dont seem to have overturned the decision or anything.

below is exact copy of email received by the BHC

I further wish to inform you that the officer working on this case needs a valid English test report from City & Guilds. Kindly ask the applicant to send it as E-mail attachment to this address and don’t delete any part of this correspondence.

Just wondering if anybody else has been in a similar situation and whether it looks as if the decision will be overturned or am i looking at another long wait :(

Also to note one certificates date of issues is before the date of visa application submission and the other is after the date of submission

johnj1

Re: Advice needed on Spouse visa appeal

Post by johnj1 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:25 pm

gali1982 wrote:So My husbands Spouse visa got refused for not submitting his english test certificate with the application.

This was the only reason for refusal, The exams were done well before the date of submission of application however due to some unforseen delay by city & guilds the certificates never arrived pre 9th July but we had to submit before 9th July due to the new requirements.

Now the issue is we appealed in January and a deadline of june 2013 was given to the BHC islamabad, they recently emailed me asking for me to email them a valid english test report which i did on the same day however the deadline given has now passed and they dont seem to have overturned the decision or anything.

below is exact copy of email received by the BHC

I further wish to inform you that the officer working on this case needs a valid English test report from City & Guilds. Kindly ask the applicant to send it as E-mail attachment to this address and don’t delete any part of this correspondence.

Just wondering if anybody else has been in a similar situation and whether it looks as if the decision will be overturned or am i looking at another long wait :(

Also to note one certificates date of issues is before the date of visa application submission and the other is after the date of submission
You have no cause to panic, this will not be counted as new evidence. It happened to me too when applying for my wife visa, it was refused based on English Language requirements, my wife even did her English exams after the decision was made, because her application was accompanied with notification of degree result. BHC asked her to bring original copy of the result and visa was issue after we appealed.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:13 pm

It sounds like they want to issue visa without the need for the matter to go to an appeal hearing.

In my opinion they should have made this decision when reviewing the appeal after it was lodged.Its a typical tactic to leave things to the last minute..............at least it sound good news for you :wink: