ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Sheffield PEO on 31/5

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arsenalsri

ILR success at Sheffield PEO on 31/5

Post by arsenalsri » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:01 pm

At the outset I would like to thank the numerous faceless people here not just for the success of my ILR but all the way through my first HSMP application, through to Tier 1 extensions etc. You have been of great help and support in some cases answering specific questions and in some cases me getting my answers by reading others experiences.

Back to my day:

Had an appointment at 9 am - me + 2 dependants

Left home at 6.30 and reached Sheffield by 8 am. Parked at the Car Park opposite the PEO and walked to the office at 8.15. Waited outside for the doors to open at 8.30.

8.30 - Security check
8.35 - Got a token from reception - I was the first in queue
8.40 - One of the officers, checked my application form, looked at the photos and said that my photos were not the right dimension and asked me to get photos from the photo booth at the PEO
8.45 - He took all the originals and made a note that I had photo copies if he needed. asked me to then pay the fees
8.50 - Paid the fees
9.30 - Another officer came and said that one of my other dependent also needed new photos. Didnt have any coins on me so had to walk to the super market across the dual carriage way to get some change, come back and get new photos
10.00 - Submitted new photos
10.15 - Called for Biometrics
10.30 - Another officer introduced herself as caseworker and said it would take about 1 hour for her to review and we could go out and come back in an hr
11.00 - Case worker called me on the mobile and said I could come back and collect documents.

11:15 - Caseworker asked for photo copies, she didnt even compare if they bundle I gave her matched the originals. Said we had been granted ILR and we would receive our Biometric card in the next few days.

Relieved.

Documents I submitted

1. Application form
2. 12 months Payslips
3. 12 months bank statement
4. 5 co-habitation documents
5. LIUK Test Results
6. 5 years P60s
7. Letter from employer about time out of country during annual holidays
8. Marriage certificate
9. Birth certificate

I dont know whether Docs 6-9 were required or if they made any difference to the application, I just let them have it just in case.

Cheers guys.

Wish you all the best with your applications.

Rahul1977

Post by Rahul1977 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Thanks arsenalsri for putting the list of documents

Some questions about co-habitation documents,

- Please list these docs
- Did you show the last 2 years documents or documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave
- Were these documents annual docs or quarterly.
- Did CW take all the 5 docs or just 1 or 2

I am confused, I have only 2 letters (1 from property agent and other from council tax office which I received last week) for proof

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi Rahul,

I showed 5 years of Council Tax bills - 1 for each year. They took all 5 docs. I did have other back up docs like tenancy agreement, letters from Home office /UKBA for my last 2 extensions etc, but I was not asked any of those.

Rahul1977

Post by Rahul1977 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:10 pm

Thanks arsenalsri,

That's a good news for me and I am relieved as well :). I have the council tax bills for 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2013-14 but missed 2011-12, 2012-13, so I asked for a letter from Council which I have received.

- Letter from estate agent confirming both of us are staying at address since Aug 2010

- Going to ask for GP letter this Friday as well

I think these will suffice the Cohabitation proof requirements.

valeed.naim2

Re: ILR success at Sheffield PEO on 31/5

Post by valeed.naim2 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:35 am

arsenalsri wrote:At the outset I would like to thank the numerous faceless people here not just for the success of my ILR but all the way through my first HSMP application, through to Tier 1 extensions etc. You have been of great help and support in some cases answering specific questions and in some cases me getting my answers by reading others experiences.

Back to my day:

Left home at 6.30 and reached Sheffield by 8 am. Parked at the Car Park opposite the PEO and walked to the office at 8.15. Waited outside for the doors to open at 8.30.

8.30 - Security check
8.40 - One of the officers, checked my application form, looked at the photos and said that my photos were not the right dimension and asked me to get photos from the photo booth at the PEO
8.45 - He took all the originals and made a note that I had photo copies if he needed. asked me to then pay the fees
8.50 - Paid the fees
9.30 - Another officer came and said that one of my other dependent also needed new photos. Didnt have any coins on me so had to walk to the super market across the dual carriage way to get some change, come back and get new photos
10.30 - Another officer introduced herself as caseworker and said it would take about 1 hour for her to review and we could go out and come back in an hr
11.00 - Case worker called me on the mobile and said I could come back and collect documents.

11:15 - Caseworker asked for photo copies, she didnt even compare if they bundle I gave her matched the originals. Said we had been granted ILR and we would receive our Biometric card in the next few days.

Relieved.

Documents I submitted

1. Application form
2. 12 months Payslips
5. LIUK Test Results
6. 5 years P60s
8. Marriage certificate
9. Birth certificate

I dont know whether Docs 6-9 were required or if they made any difference to the application, I just let them have it just in case.

Cheers guys.

Congrt, Did you received your BRP yet. We approved on the same day.

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:24 am

arsenalsri wrote:At the outset I would like to thank the numerous faceless people here not just for the success of my ILR but all the way through my first HSMP application, through to Tier 1 extensions etc. You have been of great help and support in some cases answering specific questions and in some cases me getting my answers by reading others experiences.

Back to my day:

8.30 - Security check
8.50 - Paid the fees

Relieved.

Documents I submitted

1. Application form
2. 12 months Payslips
5. LIUK Test Results
6. 5 years P60s
8. Marriage certificate
9. Birth certificate

Cheers guys.

Congratulations.Enjoy your continuous stay in UK with your ILR :D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

wordable

Post by wordable » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:31 pm

Great news! :D :D :D

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:43 pm

Back to my day:

8.30 - Security check
8.50 - Paid the fees

Relieved.

Documents I submitted

1. Application form
2. 12 months Payslips
5. LIUK Test Results
6. 5 years P60s
8. Marriage certificate
9. Birth certificate

Cheers guys.

Great News. Congratulations. Is this the year Arsenal going to win any Trophy :lol: :lol: :lol:
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Thanks Kevin. I really hope so:-)

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:25 pm

valeed.naim2 wrote: Congrt, Did you received your BRP yet. We approved on the same day.
Yes I have received the BRP.

nivas_a
Newly Registered

Post by nivas_a » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:44 am

Helloo all,need some help regarding my wife's eligibility for ILR 

I am a Tier 1 (General) visa holder and I am applying for ILR in July 2013. Since Sep 2009 my wife is holding a dependant visa and stayed with me in the same address. I understand that, I got eligibility for ILR and doubtful about my wife's qualification for ILR. Though she is continuously having dependant visa since 2009 to till date, she had spent continues 10 months in India during her pregnancy (i.e from Nov/2011 till Sep/2012). I understand dependant's requirement for ILR qualifying period is 2 years (before 9th July 2012). She was here continuously for 2 years (from Sep/2009 till Nov/2011) and then been to India for, 10 months(as stated above). Despite of her 10 Months stay in India, Is she eligible for applying ILR with me?

My ILR is due on 19th july at Sheffield PEO..Any help is greatly appreciated