ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for BC but forgot to mention court fines

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AJ1
Newly Registered

Applied for BC but forgot to mention court fines

Post by AJ1 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi Folks
i have applied for BC 5 years residence + 1 ILR on April the 4th and money debited on 15/04, I haven't heard anything from them yet, I just realised that i made error on the application, back in the October 2007 i was convicted driving offences and went to court and fined me, i did mention it on the form but missed out the civil penalty part and ticked NO.. will i get refusal for not mention it, what shall i do now, could i contact them by email to explain.
please advice... Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applied for BC but forgot to mention court fines

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:22 pm

AJ1 wrote:Hi Folks
i have applied for BC 5 years residence + 1 ILR on April the 4th and money debited on 15/04, I haven't heard anything from them yet, I just realised that i made error on the application, back in the October 2007 i was convicted driving offences and went to court and fined me, i did mention it on the form but missed out the civil penalty part and ticked NO.. will i get refusal for not mention it, what shall i do now, could i contact them by email to explain.
You didn't need to tick civil penalty, you should have ticked that you have a conviction. However, you mentioned it in the form so (depending on the offence) you should be fine, don't worry.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

teawithlemon

Re: Applied for BC but forgot to mention court fines

Post by teawithlemon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:28 pm

AJ1 wrote:Hi Folks
You done the right thing

kkworla

Post by kkworla » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:13 am

Guru I need your help. I am about to apply for Naturalisation, the problem I have here is that I had a drink driving ban on July 24th 2008. Next month will be five years from now which means it will become spent. I was fined and I moved addresses so I did not pay the court fine on time. I have paid all the amount last month and I am a bit worried that because I delayed in paying my court fine I will have some problem with the NATURILISATION PROCESS. I don't have any cautions or any civil judgements at all. I only defaulted on my court fine and I have paid. will this affect my naturalisation.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:08 am

kkworla wrote:Guru I need your help. I am about to apply for Naturalisation, the problem I have here is that I had a drink driving ban on July 24th 2008. Next month will be five years from now which means it will become spent. I was fined and I moved addresses so I did not pay the court fine on time. I have paid all the amount last month and I am a bit worried that because I delayed in paying my court fine I will have some problem with the NATURILISATION PROCESS. I don't have any cautions or any civil judgements at all. I only defaulted on my court fine and I have paid. will this affect my naturalisation.
See British Citizenship – Good Character Requirement FAQs Q2
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.