ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Character requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jana100
Newly Registered

Good Character requirement

Post by jana100 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:26 pm

hi forum members.

I am a house wife now and company directer. My company actively traded from 2010 until March 2013. For the financial year 2012-2013 there is no income for the company and i have not taken any salaries from the company as well during the period. i am planning to make the company dormant in the next few months and planning to look for employment. I have not taken any other employment as well for the last 15 months.

talking about eligibility, I have moved to UK little more than 5 years back as a Tier1 dependent and got eligible to apply for the citizenship recently (1 yr after ILR, complete life in UK test etc.,) but i am worried while looking at the good character requirement section in the AN application form. Since i am not working but just a company director and limited company has not traded for little more than a year i am unsure whether my application will be successful.

my husband is also planning to apply for a citizenship and we thought of applying it together.. but now i am unsure whether i can apply with him together (or) wait until he gets his citizenship and apply as a spouse of citizen

Please comment

Wehi
Newly Registered

Post by Wehi » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi Jana,

They won't be interested in whether you are currently working or not in regards to good character. There's no requirement to be earning for citizenship.

However they might want to see that you have paid your taxes etc so make sure all your returns are properly filed for your company and your personal self assessment, vat and corporation tax is all paid up.

Good luck!

teawithlemon

Re: Good Character requirement

Post by teawithlemon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:40 pm

jana100 wrote:hi forum members.

I am a house wife now and company directer. My company actively traded from 2010 until March 2013. For the financial year 2012-2013 there is no income for the company and i have not taken any salaries from the company as well during the period. i am planning to make the company dormant in the next few months and planning to look for employment. I have not taken any other employment as well for the last 15 months.

talking about eligibility, I have moved to UK little more than 5 years back as a Tier1 dependent and got eligible to apply for the citizenship recently (1 yr after ILR, complete life in UK test etc.,) but i am worried while looking at the good character requirement section in the AN application form. Since i am not working but just a company director and limited company has not traded for little more than a year i am unsure whether my application will be successful.

my husband is also planning to apply for a citizenship and we thought of applying it together.. but now i am unsure whether i can apply with him together (or) wait until he gets his citizenship and apply as a spouse of citizen

Please comment
Employment is not an official requirements however it is not an unofficial requirements :-)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:26 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jana100
Newly Registered

Post by jana100 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:02 pm

thanks for your time. bit relaxed now