ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A Managing Director or Electrical Engineer

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

memoa
Egypt

A Managing Director or Electrical Engineer

Post by memoa » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Applying for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa PSW route/ 50k
Money held in UK

My question is:

Regarding the job title, I am a Managing Director of my company. However, I provide electrical engineering services. On the contract where I put the details of the 2 companies and signature and title, Do I have to put my title as managing Director when I sign the contract or I put electrical Engineer as my title after I sign.

In the contract in the section of services, I put the services that are related to Electrical Engineer Level 6.

Do you suggest that I either need to put my title as:

managing Director or Electrical Engineer? But I suppose everyone who opened a new company, his title will be Director!!!!! So I think I might write both: Managing Director/Electrical Engineer as my title.

Another thing, on the Codes of Practice pdf file on Level 6, I do not like the job description that they put under electrical engineers, so I added services using the google to explain more about the services.Is this fine?or they need me to stick to their job description

Any advice plz..thanks :roll:

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:58 pm

I would advise you to go with electrical engineer. The reason is that the core services of your business should match with your job title.

If you use managing director, the case becomes complicated and there are a lot of chances of rejection.

Pradeesh85
Newly Registered

Re: A Managing Director or Electrical Engineer

Post by Pradeesh85 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:13 pm

memoa wrote:Applying for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa PSW route/ 50k
Money held in UK

My question is:

Regarding the job title, I am a Managing Director of my company. However, I provide electrical engineering services. On the contract where I put the details of the 2 companies and signature and title, Do I have to put my title as managing Director when I sign the contract or I put electrical Engineer as my title after I sign.

In the contract in the section of services, I put the services that are related to Electrical Engineer Level 6.

managing Director or Electrical Engineer? But I suppose everyone who opened a new company, his title will be Director!!!!! So I think I might write both: Managing Director/Electrical Engineer as my title.

Another thing, on the Codes of Practice pdf file on Level 6, I do not like the job description that they put under electrical engineers, so I added services using the google to explain more about the services.Is this fine?or they need me to stick to their job description

First try to decide which one suits you most. Stick to one will avoid to face unnecessary questions. The job role for electrician engineering which described by UKBA is the demand according to them. If you say tat u ging to add some more on by googling it again will drag you wer u don't want to be. As u may say maintenance is a part of engineering however UKBA LL say its not a demanding right now So what ever you do try to stick with e guidance they have provided bcos tey ll look on only tat not google

All e best for your application.

memoa
Egypt

Post by memoa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:51 am

Entrepreneur9 wrote:I would advise you to go with electrical engineer. The reason is that the core services of your business should match with your job title.

If you use managing director, the case becomes complicated and there are a lot of chances of rejection.

Dear Entrepreneur9,

Thanks very much for ur advice. I will write as u suggested : Electrical Engineer as my title on the contract.

I will not write (Managing Director) as this is a job itself and it has different tasks which is not as electrical Engineer...However, I think I still need to show them that i am the Director of my Ltd company who signed the contract, like this:

My Name:

Title: Director of xx LTD company

Job title: Electrical Engineer

Wish u all the luck with ur application

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:01 am

Yes thats right. You are a director of your company and your job title within the company is Electrical Engineer.

Good Luck with your application

memoa wrote:
Entrepreneur9 wrote:I would advise you to go with electrical engineer. The reason is that the core services of your business should match with your job title.

Dear Entrepreneur9,

Thanks very much for ur advice. I will write as u suggested : Electrical Engineer as my title on the contract.

I will not write (Managing Director) as this is a job itself and it has different tasks which is not as electrical Engineer...However, I think I still need to show them that i am the Director of my Ltd company who signed the contract, like this:

My Name:

Title: Director of xx LTD company

Job title: Electrical Engineer

Wish u all the luck with ur application

memoa
Egypt

Post by memoa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:03 am

Pradeesh85 wrote:
Money held in UK

My question is:

First try to decide which one suits you most. Stick to one will avoid to face unnecessary questions. The job role for electrician engineering which described by UKBA is the demand according to them. If you say tat u ging to add some more on by googling it again will drag you wer u don't want to be. As u may say maintenance is a part of engineering however UKBA LL say its not a demanding right now So what ever you do try to stick with e guidance they have provided bcos tey ll look on only tat not google

All e best for your application.
Dear Pradeesh85,

I appreciate ur reply. Thanks a lot for ur precious advice.

Yes, I will stick to one job title as u suggested.
For the job description of Electrical Engineer code 2123, I read the tasks examples many times and I just picked up some verbs and phrases, but I was not being able to stick to them as the list of tasks only mentions tasks which are too general.

For the maintenance, you are totally right, as I get confused whether they would classify it as a work of an Engineer and not a technician, so I tried to avoid that and say that I will only do monitoring of maintenance.

anyway, I wish u all the best and luck with ur application.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:29 am

just replied in your other post I will recommend you to write both.

that's how I did

Memoa
(Director, Electrical Engineer or whatever your title is as per SOC code)

all the very best

regards

Money held in UK

My question is:

Lola22

Post by Lola22 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Your Job Title is Electrical Engineer - check that the wording (Electrical Engineer) is on the list.

Job Code: XXXX - check that it relate to your job title listed above.

Your Job Title is not Director as per application form but you can or should use Director for other business purposes like advertisement, company letterhead, contract e.t.c

Goodluck.