ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i get Naturalization ??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MOON12
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

can i get Naturalization ??

Post by MOON12 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:37 am

hello everyone,

I came in uk on student visa in jan 2007 and got married in 2010 and got dependent visa in 2011.me and my husband we both got indefinite visa on 10th August 2012 so i am completing one year of indefinite leave on 10th of August 2014 i have left 36 days out of 90 days which i can take in first year of indefinite leave. my mother in law having heart operation on 12th July 2013 so i wanted to book my ticket from 9th July till 20th November 2013.

i am wondering i have fulfilled the requirement of staying in uk whole year on indefinite leave not having more then 90 days out. when i come back can i apply for naturalization state away without considering the periods after 10th August 2013 which is almost more than 3 months or i have to stay again on 90 days limit for another year until i apply for naturalization i already complete 7 year in uk .i have been completed one year on ILR so still i cant go outside in 2nd year if on ilr how long i am in the limit of 90 days if i wanted to apply for naturalization or passport?

i will be very thank full to you if any one reply me as my mother in law is in very serious condition and no one is there to take care of her i am very keen to know any response

thanks

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:32 am

You must not have been absent from the UK for more than 90 days in the last year, but absences of up to 100 days may be disregarded. See here.

I am not sure whether you can use the period of holding ILR from 10 August 2012 - 10 August 2013 only...

Wait for additional comments.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:56 am

The way it works for naturalisation is that the residence period is calculated backwards from the day your application is received so it's not a case of meeting the requirements at one point and being eligible from that day forward (so its the last year before applying, not the first year after ILR).

You are either apply before you leave (application at discretion of waving the requirement for 12 months of ILR) or apply when you are back (discretion on more than 90 days in the last year) or wait until around 20 August 2014 for an application without discretion.

See more in Q3 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

teawithlemon

Re: can i get Naturalization ??

Post by teawithlemon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:33 pm

MOON12 wrote:hello everyone,

I came in uk on student visa in jan 2007 and got married in 2010 and got dependent visa in 2011.me and my husband we both got indefinite visa on 10th August 2012 so i am completing one year of indefinite leave on 10th of August 2014 i have left 36 days out of 90 days which i can take in first year of indefinite leave. my mother in law having heart operation on 12th July 2013 so i wanted to book my ticket from 9th July till 20th November 2013.

i am wondering i have fulfilled the requirement of staying in uk whole year on indefinite leave not having more then 90 days out. when i come back can i apply for naturalization state away without considering the periods after 10th August 2013 which is almost more than 3 months or i have to stay again on 90 days limit for another year until i apply for naturalization i already complete 7 year in uk .i have been completed one year on ILR so still i cant go outside in 2nd year if on ilr how long i am in the limit of 90 days if i wanted to apply for naturalization or passport?

i will be very thank full to you if any one reply me as my mother in law is in very serious condition and no one is there to take care of her i am very keen to know any response

thanks
Follow British naturalization annex guide and read it through.