ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Naturalisation if not discharged from an IVA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandman006
Newly Registered

Applying for Naturalisation if not discharged from an IVA

Post by sandman006 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:20 am

Hi,
I'm currently on an IVA and I'm thinking to apply for naturalisation. I have completed all my payments towards my IVA in May 2012 and awaiting for my supervisor to send the discharge certificate and according to my insolvency practitioner, discharge process is in progress and the delay is due to PPI claim progress and I'll be getting certificate of completion soon.

As far as I know, I don't have any CCJ's under my name or any other criminal records. However, I had two £60 parking fines in the last year, one in November 2012 and one in March 2013 I was not asked to go to courts . I got both in the post and paid both fine with in 14 days and no points were added to my driving licence. I have a clean driving licence and never had any points.

My questions are , does my current IVA status and two parking fines affect my naturalisation application? If I send the application before I get discharged, will it get rejected?

I was unable to find the above details on UK Boarder Agency website and I would be very grateful if you can clarify the above. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks You.

teawithlemon

Re: Applying for Naturalisation if not discharged from an IV

Post by teawithlemon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:38 pm

sandman006 wrote:Hi,
I'm currently on an IVA and I'm thinking to apply for naturalisation. I have completed all my payments towards my IVA in May 2012 and awaiting for my supervisor to send the discharge certificate and according to my insolvency practitioner, discharge process is in progress and the delay is due to PPI claim progress and I'll be getting certificate of completion soon.

As far as I know, I don't have any CCJ's under my name or any other criminal records. However, I had two £60 parking fines in the last year, one in November 2012 and one in March 2013 I was not asked to go to courts . I got both in the post and paid both fine with in 14 days and no points were added to my driving licence. I have a clean driving licence and never had any points.

My questions are , does my current IVA status and two parking fines affect my naturalisation application? If I send the application before I get discharged, will it get rejected?

I was unable to find the above details on UK Boarder Agency website and I would be very grateful if you can clarify the above. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks You.
If you have an IVA then your name is under insolvency registered. And if its on the process still i think your debt is 15k+ or much more. An iva should not be an issue to refuse your application. According to guide undischarged bankcruptcy is a huge issue and it is very unlikely an undischarged bankcrupt person will get success from citizenship application. But please declared your IVA in seperate letter. To be honest i am not sure whether an iva is under civil case or not. Other member can help you. But any civil judgement should be declared . Someone could have ccj for 75 pounds and someone could have an iva setup for 20k but as you are trying your nest to pay back so it should be fine. you dont have to declated driving license fine as you paid it off and didnt go to court. But next time park your car carefully and save that money for other purposes. A lot of poor people need help

sandman006
Newly Registered

Post by sandman006 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi teawithlemon,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

As I have mentioned in my earlier post, I have completed all my payments towards my IVA in May 2012 and discharge process is delayed due to PPI claim progress. I have a letter from my insolvency practitioner confirming that we have complete all our obligations towards the IVA and PPI claims in progress to complete the IVA.

1. Do I need to send the letter insolvency practitioner with the application?
2. Can I include IVA details and two PCN in additional information section (Page 13 or Page 10) in the application without attaching another letter?

I got both parking change notices in mail and paid both online and just to confirm I don't have any CCJ's under my name or any other criminal records.

Thank you in advance.

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:13 pm

sandman006 wrote:Hi teawithlemon,

As I have mentioned in my earlier post, I have completed all my payments towards my IVA in May 2012 and discharge process is delayed due to PPI claim progress. I have a letter from my insolvency practitioner confirming that we have complete all our obligations towards the IVA and PPI claims in progress to complete the IVA.

2. Can I include IVA details and two PCN in additional information section (Page 13 or Page 10) in the application without attaching another letter?

I got both parking change notices in mail and paid both online and just to confirm I don't have any CCJ's under my name or any other criminal records.

Thank you in advance.
An IVA is a formal agreements between you and your creditors and it is not a civil judgement. And in form there is no question relating to IVA but there is question about civil judgement. Someone could have credit card debt 150 pounds and creditor can take the person in court and court will issue a ccj if you dont pay within a month of ccj. And here is my point. A person cant register an iva if debt is less than 15k. And second thing is iva and ccj both open viewable to public. So yes mentioned it page no 13 and attached necessary documents. A ccj seems to be worse than iva. But check your all address in last 6 years so it will help you whether you had any ccj or not. If not then great. But a ccj doesnt indicates insolvency even though it is very bad but iva indicates part of insolvency.To be honest iva or ccj as long as you try to pay debt HO will approved it as long as it is store card or credit card debt but if it is for council tax or unpaid house rent or hmrc tax then it will be complex. I think you wont have any problem to get brit citizenship.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:18 pm

sandman006 wrote:Hi,

Thanks You.
See British Citizenship – Good Character Requirement FAQs Q5 & Q18
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:25 pm

sandman006 wrote:Hi teawithlemon,

Thank you in advance.
An IVA is a formal agreements between you and your creditors and it is not a civil judgement. And in form there is no question relating to IVA but there is question about civil judgement. Someone could have credit card debt 150 pounds and creditor can take the person in court and court will issue a ccj if you dont pay within a month of ccj. And here is my point. A person cant register an iva if debt is less than 15k. And second thing is iva and ccj both open viewable to public. So yes mentioned it page no 13 and attached necessary documents. A ccj seems to be worse than iva. But check your all address in last 6 years so it will help you whether you had any ccj or not. If not then great. But a ccj doesnt indicates insolvency even though it is very bad but iva indicates part of insolvency.To be honest iva or ccj as long as you try to pay debt HO will approved it as long as it is store card or credit card debt but if it is for council tax or unpaid house rent or hmrc tax then it will be complex. I think you wont have any problem to get brit citizenship.

sandman006
Newly Registered

Post by sandman006 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi teawithlemon,

Thank so much for your valuable advice.

I have already checked CCJ register and my credit report with Experian and Equifax and can confirm that I don't have any CCJ against my name.

I am planning to submit my application next week and I hope everything goes well.

I'll update you once I get the confirmation for HO.

Kind Regards.

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:04 pm

You welcome.

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:23 am

hi
I just saw your post about IVA actually i am in same situation as i have to apply Naturalisation next month and i am in IVA as well and paying them from last 5 years just want to know had your naturalisation application approved even though you were in IVA
and have you declared that in form as there is nothing mentioned