ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation and bankruptcy

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peppa p
Newly Registered

naturalisation and bankruptcy

Post by peppa p » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:13 pm

i am applying for BC but was made bankrupt a year ago but did not mention this on my application can i do this now, i did not realise i had to do this

peppa p
Newly Registered

Post by peppa p » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:51 pm

i guess no advice for me on this if anyone know i would really appreciate this

EJ

Post by EJ » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:30 am

Hi Peppa P,

What form did you use? Was there a specific question about it on the form?

When did you send your application? Are you still awaiting a decision?

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:42 pm

I think it's a safe bet that if you are not specifically asked about this on the application form, then you are not required to divulge this information.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

tasha75
Member of Standing

Post by tasha75 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:39 pm

Isn't question 3.6 specifically ask about it?
3.6 Do you have any criminal convictions in the UK or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil judgements made agains you?

You must give details of all civil proceedings which have resulted in a court order being made against you. If you have been declared bankrupt at any time you should give details of the bankruptcy proceedings. Your pplication is unlikely to succeed if you are an undischarged bankrupt.
Do not live your life in fear.

peppa p
Newly Registered

Post by peppa p » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:49 am

hi all

thanks for everyones help,
so should i let them know about my bankruptcy, i applied in the middle of january 2007 and received the acknowlegement letter two weeks later i have not heard anything else yet. It was a postal application. Should I call the home office and tell them about this I have a discharge letter from my receiver.

peppa p
Newly Registered

Post by peppa p » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:57 am

EJ wrote:Hi Peppa P,

What form did you use? Was there a specific question about it on the form?

When did you send your application? Are you still awaiting a decision?
I used the new naturalisation forms .

I applied in mid january by post

I received an acknowledgement letter 2 weeks after
I have not heard anything else.

Should I contact them and tell them about this,

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:34 am

Are you aware that you being bankrupt automatically disqualifies you from applying for naturalisation?

You have 2 choices, either you can phone them and tell them, and they will more than likely immediately reject your application.

Or you can wait and hope that they don't pick up on your bankruptcy and potentially succeed with your naturalisation. The problem with this is that if they DO pick up on it, you could be in trouble for lying on your application form. Also imagine if they do an audit in a few years time and they pick up on it then, after you've been naturalised for a few years. You could find yourself in a sticky situation.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

peppa p
Newly Registered

Post by peppa p » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:14 am

Dawie wrote:Are you aware that you being bankrupt automatically disqualifies you from applying for naturalisation?

You have 2 choices, either you can phone them and tell them, and they will more than likely immediately reject your application.

Or you can wait and hope that they don't pick up on your bankruptcy and potentially succeed with your naturalisation. The problem with this is that if they DO pick up on it, you could be in trouble for lying on your application form. Also imagine if they do an audit in a few years time and they pick up on it then, after you've been naturalised for a few years. You could find yourself in a sticky situation.
Hi

I am a discharged bankrupt,

and from the information i have read so far I can apply for naturalisation as long as I have been idscharged.

Will the home office consult the courts or do a credit check in my name.

I would like to be honest in my application,